This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Penetrating wounds of the heart: an analysis of 459 cases.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1968; 4: 531
- A maneuver for control of hemorrhage during repair of torn atrium.Ann Surg. 1957; 145: 404
- Penetrating left ventricular stab wound: a method of control during resuscitation and prior to repair.Injury. 1981; 13: 64
- The use of the Foley catheter in the emergency room treatment of penetrating cardiac injuries.Injury. 1986; 17: 43
- In extremis use of Foley catheter in a cardiac stab wound.J Trauma. 1986; 26: 400
- Emergency thoracotomy in an urban community hospital: initial cardiac rhythm as a new predictor of survival.Am J Emerg Med. 1985; 3: 311
- Liberal use of emergency center thoracotomy.Am J Surg. 1986; 152: 654
- Hemodynamic consequenses of Foley catheter control in experimental penetrating cardiac wounds.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1989; 169: 247
- Penetrating cardiac wounds: a comparison of different therapeutic methods.Ann. Surg. 1976; 183: 377
- Penetrating cardiac wounds: significant residual and delayed sequelae.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 1973; 66: 526
Accepted: October 29, 1996
© 1997 Published by Elsevier Inc.