This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
When cold intolerance occurs in the injured hand, it is persistent in the majority of cases (79 per cent). Statistically, there is a link between the development of cold intolerance and the incidence of early postoperative pain. Postoperative pain relief should by of high quality and may possibly prevent the onset of cold intolerance.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- The effects of systemic acidosis on perfusion of replanted extremities.J Hand Surg. 1980; 5B: 433
- Digital sensibility following replantation.J Hand Surg. 1978; 3B: 313
- Post traumatic sympathetic dystrophy.Orthop Clin North Am. 1973; 4: 917
- Thermoregulation control after upper limb replantation.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11A: 548
- Cold induced vaso-spasm after digital reimplantation does not improve with time.J Hand Surg. 1995; 20B: 237
- Digital amputation, reimplantation and cold intolerance.J Reconstr Micro-Surg. 1991; 7: 175
- Effects of regional intravenous guanethedine block in post traumatic cold intolerance in hand amputees.J Hand Surg. 1985; 10B: 145
- Replantation.in: Green DP Operative Hand Surgery. 2nd Ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York1988: 1105
- Digital replantation and revascularisation — A long term review of one hundred cases.Hand. 1978; 10: 125
- The measurement of cold sensitivity of the hand.J Hand Surg. 1991; 16A: 1037
SAS, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, USA.
- Non Parametric Statistics for the Behavioural Sciences. McGraw-Hill International, New York1988 2nd Ed.
- The relationship between cold intolerance and cutaneous blood flow in digital replantation patients.J Hand Surg. 1986; 11B: 15
- Cold sensitivity after replantation in relation to arterial circulation and vaso-regulation.J Hand Surg. 1987; 12B: 78
Accepted: June 12, 1996
© 1996 Published by Elsevier Inc.