This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
It is obvious that a critical reappraisal of training programmes in surgery, and in particular accident surgery, requires some definition of the role of the accident surgeon now and in the future. This should be based upon the work required of him, his teaching both as a student and as a postgraduate, and also upon his career grading.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Interim Report. B.M.A., London1961
- Report of a Pilot Study conducted by a Working Party on Progress in the Provision of Accident Services.B.M.A., London1970
- Oxford Record Linkage Study. 13, The Accident Services in the Oxford and Reading Areas.1967
- (Documenta Geigy, M-3288)The Heidelberg Scheme.in: Rescue on the Road (International Symposium on Road Accident After-care). 1969
- Accident Services.Br. J. hosp. Med. 1970; 4: 460
- Casualty Services and their Setting: a Study in Medical Care.O.U.P., London1960
- The Management of Multiple Injury Patients.J. Trauma. 1968; 8: 91
- (personal communication)University Departments of Surgery: Fragmentation of Surgery.1970
- Who Looks after Head Injuries?.Oxf. med. Sch. Gaz. 1969; 22: 25
- (Todd)Report. H.M.S.O., London1968
- (Platt)Report. H.M.S.O., London1962
- Response to Trauma.Ann. R. Coll. Surg. 1969; 44: 308
- Accident Services.Injury. 1969; 1: 112
- W.H.O., Copenhagen1967: 95 The Organization of Resuscitation and Casualty Services (Leningrad Conference).
*Paper presented in a Symposium on the Management of Traumatic Injuries, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury, Bucks., May 1970.
© 1971 Published by Elsevier Inc.