This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The results in 25 patients with unstable fractures and dislocations of the cervical spine fused by Cloward's technique are reviewed. The stability of the graft between the vertebrae, the simplicity and safety of the method, and the speed with which the graft is incorporated (an average of 2½ months) have led us to advocate the use of this technique.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Observation of Cervical Intervertebral Disc Lesion in Fractures and Dislocations.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1963; 45A: 461
- Stabilization of the Cervical Spine by Anterior Fusion.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1960; 42A: 565
- The Anterior Approach for Ruptured Cervical Disks.J. Neurosurg. 1958; 15: 602
- Treatment of Acute Fractures and Fracture-dislocations of the Cervical Spine by Vertebral Body Fusion.J. Neurosurg. 1961; 18: 201
- Reductions of Cervical Dislocations.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1961; 43B: 552
- The Advantages of Early Spine Fusion in the Treatment of Fracture-dislocation of Cervical Spine.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1959; 41A: 17
- Anterior Cervical Fusion in Management of Cervical Spine Fracture-dislocation.Wis. med. J. 1962; 61: 601
- Fractures and Dislocations of Cervical Spine: Treatment and Results of 159 Cases.Int. Surg. 1967; 47: 472
- Fractures and Dislocations of the Spine.in: Clark J.M.P. Modern Trends in Orthopaedics—3, Fracture Treatment. Butterworths, London1962
- Fractures and Dislocations of the Cervical Spine.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1962; 44A: 115
- Fractures et Luxations du Rachis Cervical sans Lesions Medullaires.Revue Chir. orthop. répar. Appar. moteur. 1964; 50: 3
- Cervical Spine Injuries.J. Trauma. 1968; 8: 597
- Anterolateral Cervical Disc Removal and Interbody Fusion for Cervical Disc Syndrome.Bull. Johns Hopkins Hosp. 1955; 96: 223
- L'Arthrodese du Rachis Cervical par Voie Anterieur.J. Chir., Paris. 1960; 80: 145
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1969; 51B: 225
- Anterolateral Operations for Fractures and Dislocations in the Middle and Lower Parts of the Cervical Spine.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1969; 51A: 1489
- Fractures and Joint Injuries.4th ed. Livingstone, Edinburgh and London1956
© 1971 Published by Elsevier Inc.