This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A system of internal fixation of fractures is presented in which two new principles are introduced simultaneously. Titanium is adopted as the material for the plates and screws by virtue of its corrosion resistance and because its elasticity is nearer to that of bone than is that of stainless steel. The second new principle is the provision of sloping cylind-rical oval holes in the plate, so that driving home the spherical-headed screws applies compression without the need for a separate compressor.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Clinical Experience with a New Compression Plate “DCP”.Acta orthop. scand. 1969; : 45
- Compression Plate Fixation and the Effect of Different Types of Internal Fixation on Fracture Healing.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1965; 47A: 191
- The Effect of Compression on the Rate of Fracture Healing using a Special Plate.Am. J. Surg. 1958; 95: 761
- Théorie et Pratique de l'Ostéosynthèse.Masson, Paris1947
- Internal Contact Splint.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1948; 30A: 40
- Beiträge zur Biologie der Knochenbruchheilung.Enke, Stuttgart1963
- Some Effects of Rigidity of Internal Fixation on the Healing Pattern of Osteotomies.Injury. 1969; 1: 77
Matter, P. (1971), in preparation.
- Principes d'Ostéosynthèse.Helv. chir. Acta. 1961; 28: 198
- Technique of Internal Fixation of Fractures.Springer, Berlin1965
- Fracture Healing in Compression Osteosynthesis in the Dog.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1968; 50B: 844
- A Method of Measuring the Change in Compression applied to Living Cortical Bone.Acta orthop. scand. 1969; : 7
- The Reaction of Cortical Bone to Compression.Acta orthop. scand. 1969; : 19
- A Dynamic Compression Plate.Acta orthop. scand. 1969; : 31
- Primary Healing of Osteotomies in Rabbits using New Compression Plates.Acta orthop. scand. 1970; (in the press)
- The Normal Microcirculation of Diaphyseal Cortex and its Response to Fracture.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1968; 50A: 784
- Morphological Findings in Primary Fracture Healing.in: Symp. biol. hung.7. 1967: 75
- Methodik und vorläufige Ergebnisse experimenteller Untersuchungen über die Heilvorgänge bei stabiler Osteosynthese an Schaftfrakturen.Arch. klin. Chir. 1962; 301: 180
© 1970 Published by Elsevier Inc.