This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
- 1.One case of compound total dislocation of the ankle-joint without fracture or diastasis is presented.
- 2.Primary wound healing did not take place but the result, after excision of slough, followed by rotation of skin-flap and full-thickness skin-graft, was entirely satisfactory.
- 3.Despite the gross appearance of the dislocation, the joint remained stable after reduction and repair of ligaments, and was strong enough to tolerate weight-bearing without pain at six weeks.
- 4.This injury is rare because it is caused by passive ‘distraction’ of the plantar-flexed foot—an unusual mechanism.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- A System of Orthopaedics.in: 3rd ed. Butterworths, London1968: 518
- Aviators' Astragalus.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1952; 34B: 545
- Complete Compound Dislocation of Ankle Joint without Fracture, with Primary Healing.J. Am. med. Ass. 1937; 108: 2035
- On Diseases and Injuries of Bones.in: Sydenham Society, London1847: 234
- Dislocation of the Tibio-talar Joint without Fracture.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1952; 34A: 662
- Discussion on Milliken's Case.Ann. Surg. 1919; 49: 651
- Compound Dislocation of Tibiotalar Joint without Fracture and without Separation.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1939; 21: 205
- Compound Dislocation of Ankle without Fracture.Am. J. Surg. 1962; 103: 170
- Management of Fractures, Dislocations and Sprains.in: 4th ed. Kimpton, London1946: 1216
- Complete Dislocation of Ankle without Fracture of Leg Bone.Ann. Surg. 1919; 49: 651
- Ski Injuries, a Statistical and Analytical Study.J. Am. med. Ass. 1943; 121: 97
- Compound Dislocation of the Talus without Malleolar Fracture.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1938; 20: 458
- Traité des Os.Hochereau, Paris1723
- Un Cas de Luxation Tibio-tarsienne Totale, sans Fracture.Bordeaux chir. 1946; 3–4: 74
- A Text Book of X-Ray Diagnosis. Vol. 4. Lewis, London1950: 187 2nd ed.
- Traumatic Dislocation of the Ankle without Fracture: a Case Report.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1937; 19: 1110
- Fractures and Joint Injuries. Vol. 1. Livingstone, Edinburgh1962: 153 4th ed.
- Fractures and Joint Injuries. Vol. II. Livingstone, Edinburgh1962: 819 4th ed.
- Ankle Dislocations without Fracture.J. Bone Jt Surg. 1939; 21: 198
- Irreducible Dislocation of the Ankle-joint.Br. J. Surg. 1942; 29: 359
© 1970 Published by Elsevier Inc.