This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
The need for early surgery of the wounded is now accepted. Principles of wound surgery must be considered in relation to the military situation. This is illustrated by reference to the work of a Field Surgical Team in Borneo.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Military Surgery in Geographical Perspective.Edin. med. J. 1944; 51: 166
- Sources of Gas Gangrene in Hospital.Br. med. J. 1969; 2: 333
- Surgery in Far Eastern Theatres.Jl R. Army med. Cps. 1949; 93: 57
- Systemic Fat Embolism in Four Combat Casualties.Ann. Surg. 1968; 167: 493
- Battle Injuries of the Arteries in World War II.Ann. Surg. 1946; 123: 534
- Civilian Battle Casualties in South Vietnam.Br. J. Surg. 1968; 55: 332
- Abdominal Wounds at a Beach Head.Lancet. 1944; 2: 38
- Combat Wounds of the Popliteal Artery.Ann. Surg. 1968; 168: 974
- On Gunshot Wounds of the Extremities.Longman, London1815
- Extensile Exposure.Livingstone, Edinburgh1957
- Studies to Show Cavitation Effects of High Velocity Missiles.in: Proc. R. Soc. Med.56. 1963: 461
- Arterial Repair during the Korean War.Ann. Surg. 1958; 147: 555
- A Treatise, on the Blood, Inflammation and Gunshot Wounds.Nicoll, London1794
- Memoirs of an Army Surgeon.Blackwood, Edinburgh1948
- The Works of Ambrose Parry.Cotes, London1678
- Vascular Trauma in Vietnam Battle Casualties.Ann. Surg. 1968; 168: 831
- A Practical Guide to the Care of the Injured.Livingstone, Edinburgh1967
- Respiratory Insufficiency in Combat Casualties.Ann. Surg. 1969; 170: 30
- Missile Wounds since the Second World War.Jl R. Army med. Cps. 1968; 114: 11
- Health of the British Army.Harrison, London1858
- Successful Prophylaxis of Gas Gangrene of the High Velocity Missile Wound in Sheep.Br. J. Surg. 1968; 55: 36
- Penetrating Injuries of the Liver in Vietnam.Ann. Surg. 1969; 170: 793
- Coagulation Changes during Experimental Haemorrhagic Shock.Ann. Surg. 1966; 164: 203
- Reoperative Surgery of Abdominal War Wounds.Ann. Surg. 1967; 165: 173
- Panji Stick Wounds.Ann. Surg. 1967; 166: 902
- Coagulation Disorders in Combat Casualties.Ann. Surg. 1969; 169: 455
- Treatment of Ward Wounds and Fractures.Hamish Hamilton, London1939
- Surgery at a Casualty Clearing Station.Black, London1918
- Penetrating Wounds of the Heart.Ann. Surg. 1968; 168: 67
- Rats, Lice and History.George Routledge, London1937
⋆Based on a lecture delivered at the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, on 3 Feb., 1970.
© 1970 Published by Elsevier Inc.