HISTORY – A 25yo male is involved in a slip and fall mishap involving a skateboard. He fell while making a jump sliding down a stairway banister on his skateboard and has a lot of right ankle pain. He is otherwise unhurt. Radiographs of his right ankle were inconclusive (Fig. 1A and B).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fractures of the talus: current concepts and new developments.Foot Ankle Surg. 2018; 24: 282-290
- Talus fractures: evaluation and treatment.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2001; 9: 114-127
- Surgical treatment of talus fractures: a retrospective study of 80 cases followed for 1-15 years.Acta Orthop Scand. 2002; 73: 344-351
- Outcomes of talar neck fractures: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Orthop Trauma. 2015; 29: 210-215
- Talar neck fractures: a systematic review of the literature.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52: 56-61
- Complications of talar neck fractures by Hawkins's classification: a systematic review.J Foot Ankle Surg. 2017; 56: 817-821
- Talus fractures: evaluation and treatment.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2020; 28: 878-887
- A new look at the Hawkins classification for talar neck fractures: which features of injury and treatment are predictive of osteonecrosis?.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014; 96: 192-197
Published online: January 31, 2023
© 2023 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.