Temporary bridging trans-hip external fixation, what spans the hip joint, is recommended as primary skeletal stabilization in complex intraarticular, periarticular fractures or extensive peri-articular soft-tissue damage caused by war trauma.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Temporary external fixation for the management of complex intra- and periarticular fractures of the lower extremity.J Orthop Trauma. 2002; 16: 678-685
- External fixation and temporary stabilization of femoral and tibial trauma.J Surg Orthop Adv. 2011; 20: 74-81
- Military limb injuries/ballistic fractures.Current Orthopaedics. 2006; 20: 346-353
- Conversion from external fixation to definitive fixation: periarticular injuries.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2006; 14: 128-130
- Open comminuted femoral fractures.in: Zarka S Lerner A Complicated War Trauma and Care of the Wounded. Springer International Publishing AG, Switzerland2017: 77-79
- Pelvifemoral external fixation for the treatment of open fractures of the proximal femur caused by firearms.Acta Orthop Belg. 2002; 68: 37-41
- Primary skeletal stabilization and role of external fixation.Orthopedics in Disasters. Orthopedic Injuries in Natural Disasters and Mass Casualty Events. 2016; : 227-228
- Primary external fixation.in: Lerner A Soundry M Armed Conflict Injuries to the Extremities. A treatment manual. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Heidelberg2011: 133-147
- External fixator.AO principles of fracture management. 2017; : 263
- The price of peace: The personal and financial cost of paramilitary punishments in Northern Ireland.Injury. 2003; 1: 41-45
- Is staged external fixation a valuable strategy for war injuries to the limbs?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 448: 217-224
- Mid-term outcome of patients with pelvic and acetabular fractures following internal fixation through a modified Stoppa approach.Acta Orthop Belg. 2013; 79: 660-666
- Early fixation strategies for high energy pelvic ring injuries – the Zurich algorithm.Injury. 2021; 52: 2712-2718
- Time to think outside the box: ‘PRompt-Individualised-Safe Management’ (PR.I.S.M.) should prevail in patients with multiple injuries.Injury. 2017; 48: 1279-1282
- Limb Salvage and Reconstruction.in: Anderson PA Browner BD Krettek C Jupiter BJ Skeletal Trauma: Basic Science, Management, and Reconstruction. 6th edition. Elsevier-Health Sciences Division, 2020: 2788-2804
- Placement of half-pins for supra-acetabular external fixation: an anatomic study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2003; 411: 269-273