- •Data collection in hospitals using activity-based funding models determines allocation of scarce resources.
- •This data is collected by non-medical staff which may lead to inaccuracies.
- •Even in smaller trauma units significant discrepancies in missed funding occur.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The cost of injury.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 1993; 11: 241-253
- The impact of major in-hospital complications on functional outcome and quality of life after trauma.J Trauma. 2001; 50: 91-95
- Orthopedics coding and funding.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2014; 100: S99-106
- Variability in interhospital trauma data coding and scoring: a challenge to the accuracy of aggregated trauma registries.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2015; 79: 359-363
- Trauma in the older adult: epidemiology and evolving geriatric trauma principles.Clin Geriatr Med. 2013; 29: 137-150
- Hip fractures in the elderly: the impact of comorbid illnesses on hospitalisation costs.Annals-Acad Med Singap. 2007; 36: 784
Budget 2022: Minister Donnelly announces €21 billion, the biggest ever investment in Ireland's health and social care services [press release]. gov.ie, 14/10/2021 2021.
- Pitfalls of adverse event reporting in paediatric cardiac intensive care.Arch Dis Child. 2004; 89: 856-859
- The JCAHO patient safety event taxonomy: a standardized terminology and classification schema for near misses and adverse events.Int J Qual Health Care. 2005; 17: 95-105
- Classification of medical errors and preventable adverse events in primary care: a synthesis of the literature.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 927-932
- Discussion of medical errors in morbidity and mortality conferences.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2838-2842
- Medical error: the second victim: the doctor who makes the mistake needs help too.Brit Med J Publish Gr. 2000;
Health Research and Information Division EaSRI. Activity in acute public hospitals in Ireland, annual report 2012. 2013 2013-12-10. Contract No.: ISBN:9780707003603.
- Accuracy of administrative data in trauma.Surgery. 1999; 126: 191-197
- Intraoperative adverse events and related postoperative complications in spine surgery: implications for enhancing patient safety founded on evidence-based protocols.Spine. 2006; 31: 1503-1510
- Spine adverse events severity system: content validation and interobserver reliability assessment.Spine. 2010; 35: 790-795
- Morbidity and mortality of complex spine surgery: a prospective cohort study in 679 patients validating the Spine AdVerse Event Severity (SAVES) system in a European population.Spine J. 2016; 16: 146-153
- Recording adverse events following joint arthroplasty: financial implications and validation of an adverse event assessment form.J Arthropl. 2017; 32: 2648-2654
Hospital T.U. About us - Tallaght Hospital 2022 [Available from: https://www.tuh.ie/About-us/#:~:text=Built%20in%201998%20Tallaght%20University,with%20a%20deficit%20of%20beds.
- Identifying patient preoperative risk factors and postoperative adverse events in administrative databases: results from the Department of Veterans Affairs National Surgical Quality Improvement Program.J Am Coll Surg. 2002; 194: 257-266
- Surgical error: ethical issues of adverse events.Arch Surg. 2000; 135: 1359-1366
- Illegible handwriting in medical records.J R Soc Med. 2002; 95: 545-546
- The validity of routine data on quality assurance: a qualitative systematic review. Der Chirurg.Zeitschrift fur Alle Gebiete der Operativen Medizen. 2016; 87: 56-61
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors whose names are listed immediately above certify that they have NO affiliations with or involvement in any organization or entity with any financial interest (such as honoraria; educational grants; participation in speakers’ bureaus; membership, employment, consultancies, stock ownership, or other equity interest; and expert testimony or patent-licensing arrangements), or non-financial interest (such as personal or professional relationships, affiliations, knowledge or beliefs) in the subject matter or materials discussed in this manuscript.