- •The Posttraumatic Adjustment Scale (PAS) is effective in predicting later psychological distress in patients who have experienced major trauma.
- •A PAS-P of more than 10 predicted the development of PTSD symptoms or moderate global psychological distress with 72% sensitivity and 71% specificity.
- •The PAS-P was more sensitive in identifying patients who went on to develop psychological symptoms according to IES-R and CORE-10 scores, than clinician referral (71% versus 52%).
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changing the System - Major Trauma Patients and Their Outcomes in the NHS (England) 2008–17.EClinicalMedicine. 2018; : 2-3
NHS England. NHS standard contract for major trauma service (all ages). 2013.
- Prevalence rate, predictors and long-term course of probable posttraumatic stress disorder after major trauma: A prospective cohort study.BMC Psychiatry. 2012; 12
- A study of outcomes of patients treated at a UK major trauma centre for moderate or severe injuries one to three years after injury.Clin Rehabil. 2018; 32
- Behavioral and neural correlates of memory suppression in PTSD.J Psychiatr Res. 2019; 112
- Abnormal metabolite concentrations and amygdala volume in patients with recent-onset posttraumatic stress disorder.J Affect Disord. 2018; : 241
- Impact of traumatic brain injury on social cognition in adolescents and contribution of other higher order cognitive functions.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2018; 28
Post-traumatic stress disorder NICE guideline. NICE 2018. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng116/resources/posttraumatic-stress-disorder-pdf-66141601777861 (accessed March 3, 2022).
Overview - Post-traumatic stress disorder - NHS. Natl Heal Serv 2018. https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/overview/(accessed March 3, 2022).
- The course, prediction, and treatment of acute and posttraumatic stress in trauma patients: A systematic review.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2017; 82
- Regional Networks for Major Trauma.NHS Clinical Advisory Groups Report, 2010: 1-137
- Occurrence of delayed-onset post-traumatic stress disorder: A systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies.Scand J Work Environ Heal. 2014; 40
- Predictors of postraumatic stress disorder and depression among low-income women exposed to perinatal intimate partner violence.George Mason University, 2015 ([dissertation])
- Prevalence of PTSD and Major Depression Following Trauma-Center Hospitalization.J Trauma. 2010; : 69
- Risk factors for psychological distress following injury.Br J Clin Psychol. 2006; : 45
- A brief screening tool for assessing psychological trauma in clinical practice: Development and validation of the New York PTSD Risk Score.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2011; : 33
- Predictors of psychological distress following major trauma.Injury. 2019; 50: 1577-1583
- A Predictive Screening Index for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Depression Following Traumatic Injury.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2008; : 76
- Psychometric properties of the Impact of Event Scale - Revised.Behav Res Ther. 2003; 41
- The CORE-10: A short measure of psychological distress for routine use in the psychological therapies.Couns Psychother Res. 2013; 13
- Major Trauma Clinical psychology Service for Adults and Children.Leeds Teach Hosp NHS Trust. 2013; (accessed March 3, 2022)
- Predictors of PTSD symptoms in adults admitted to a Level I trauma center: A prospective analysis.J Anxiety Disord. 2014; 28