- •Bleeding-control interventions were laparotomy, liver AE, pelvic AE, pelvic fixation, and pelvic packing.
- •THOR eliminated transit time, resulting in shorter procedure time in abdominopelvic trauma patients requiring bleeding-control intervention.
- •Mortality due to exsanguination was reduced in the THOR group.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Protocol-driven approach of bleeding abdominal and pelvic trauma.World J Emerg Surg. 2006; 1: 17
- Evolution in the management of hepatic trauma: a 25-year perspective.Ann Surg. 2000; 232: 324
- Operative management and outcomes in 103 AAST-OIS grades IV and V complex hepatic injuries: trauma surgeons still need to operate, but angioembolization helps.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2003; 54: 647-654
- Management of liver injuries: predictors for the need of operation and damage control surgery.Injury. 2014; 45: 1373-1377
- A prospective study on the safety and efficacy of angiographic embolization for pelvic and visceral injuries.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2002; 53: 303-308
- External fixators for pelvic fractures: comparison of the stiffness of current systems.Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica. 2003; 74: 165-171
- Western Trauma Association Critical Decisions in Trauma: Management of pelvic fracture with hemodynamic instability—2016 updates.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2016; 81: 1171-1174
- Current opinion on catheter-based hemorrhage control in trauma patients.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 888-893
- The RAPTOR: resuscitation with angiography, percutaneous techniques and operative repair. Transforming the discipline of trauma surgery.Canadian J Surg. 2011; 54: E3
- The evolution of a purpose designed hybrid trauma operating room from the trauma service perspective: the RAPTOR (resuscitation with angiography percutaneous treatments and operative resuscitations).Injury. 2014; 45: 1413-1421
- Hybrid treatment combining emergency surgery and intraoperative interventional radiology for severe trauma.Injury. 2016; 47: 59-63
- A prospective evaluation of the utility of a hybrid operating suite for severely injured patients: overstated or underutilized?.Ann Surg. 2018;
- Pelvic fractures: value of plain radiography in early assessment and management.Radiology. 1986; 160: 445-451
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome: the Berlin Definition.JAMA. 2012; 307: 2526-2533
- Utility of simultaneous interventional radiology and operative surgery in a dedicated suite for seriously injured patients.Curr Opin Critic Care. 2013; 19: 587-593
- Pelvic fractures: experience in management of 170 cases at a university hospital in Thailand.J Med Assoc Thailand. 2002; 85: 200-206
- Hybrid emergency room shows maximum effect on trauma resuscitation when used in patients with higher severity.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2021; 90: 232-239
- A meta-analysis of resuscitative endovascular balloon occlusion of the aorta (REBOA) or open aortic cross-clamping by resuscitative thoracotomy in non-compressible torso hemorrhage patients.World J Emerg Surg. 2017; 12 (Jul 14): 30
Moran B., Tisherman S.A., Postinjury inflammation and organ dysfunction. In: Feliciano DV, Mattox KL, Moore EE, editors. Trauma 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill;2020;p 1289-302.