- •Evaluating incidence and outcome predictors for neurologic injury in spinopelvic dissociation.
- •Increasing kyphosis is associated with incidence of neurologic injury.
- •Complete recovery from neurologic injury occurs in over half of all patients, with radiculopathy being the most common long-term sequelae.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Orthop Clin North Am. 2014; 45: 65-75
- Traumatic spinopelvic dissociation or U-shaped sacral fracture: A review of the literature.Injury. 2012; 43: 402-408
- Percutaneous stabilization of U-shaped sacral fractures using iliosacral screws: technique and early results.J Orthop Trauma. 2001; 15: 238-246
- Spinopelvic dissociation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAAOS. 2021; 29: e198-e207
- Neurological outcome after traumatic transverse sacral fractures: a systematic review of 521 patients reported in the literature.JBJS Reviews. 2018; 6: e1
- Transverse fracture of the upper sacrum: suicidal Jumper's Fracture.Spine. 1985; 10
- A new classification for complex lumbosacral injuries.Spine J. 2012; 12 (Jr.): 612-628
- Sacral fractures: an important problem. Retrospective analysis of 236 cases.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1988; 227: 67-81
- Functional outcome of patients with unstable pelvic ring fracture:Comparison of short- and long-term prognostic factors.J. Orthopaedic Surgery. 2017; 252309499016684322
- Factors associated with outcome of spinopelvic dissociation treated with lumbopelvic fixation.Injury. 2014; 45: 1914-1920
- Functional outcomes and quality of life after surgical treatment of spinopelvic dissociation: a case series with one-year follow-up.BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 2021; 22: 795
- Do formal laminectomy and timing of decompression for patients with sacral fracture and neurologic deficit affect outcome?.J Orthop Trauma. 2017; 31: S75-S80
- Functional outcome of traumatic spinopelvic instabilities treated with lumbopelvic fixation.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 14878
- Risk factors for residual neurologic deficits after surgical treatment for epidural abscess in the thoracic or lumbar spine.Spine J. 2020; 20: 1638-1645
- Predictors of radial nerve palsy recovery in humeral shaft fractures: A retrospective review of 17 patients.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2017; 103: 177-182
- Digital nerve injuries: a review of predictors of sensory recovery after microsurgical digital nerve repair.Hand (N Y). 2012; 7: 233-241