- •Children with pre-hospital traumatic cardiopulmonary arrest, particularly in those without pre-hospital ROSC have poor outcomes.
- •All children who did not obtain pre-hospital ROSC succumbed to their injuries in our study.
- •Prolonged CPR is common but rarely beneficial.
- •Where possible, parents should be allowed to witness and/or participate in end-of-life care.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Paediatric traumatic out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Resuscitation. 2020; 149: 65-73https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2020.01.037
- The benefits of youth are lost on the young cardiac arrest patient.F1000Research. 2017; 6 (Published 2017 Jan 25): 77https://doi.org/10.12688/f1000research.9316.1
- Epidemiology of out-of hospital pediatric cardiac arrest due to trauma.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2012; 16: 230-236https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2011.640419
- Withholding or termination of resuscitation in pediatric out-of-hospital traumatic cardiopulmonary arrest.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e1104-e1116https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-0176
- Withholding and termination of resuscitation of adult cardiopulmonary arrest secondary to trauma: resource document to the joint NAEMSP-ACSCOT position statements.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2013; 75: 459-467https://doi.org/10.1097/TA.0b013e31829cfaea
- EMS provider perceptions on termination of resuscitation in a large, Urban EMS system.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2017; 21: 610-615https://doi.org/10.1080/10903127.2017.1317891
- Pediatric out-of-hospital traumatic cardiopulmonary arrest after traffic accidents and termination of resuscitation.Ann Emerg Med. 2020; 75: 57-65https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2019.05.036
- End-of-life decision-making and satisfaction with care: parental perspectives.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2000; 1: 179-185https://doi.org/10.1097/00130478-200010000-00017
- Parents' perspectives on physician-parent communication near the time of a child's death in the pediatric intensive care unit.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2008; 9: 2-7https://doi.org/10.1097/01.PCC.0000298644.13882.88
- European resuscitation council guidelines for resuscitation 2010 section 6. paediatric life support.Resuscitation. 2010; 81: 1364-1388