- •This study describes an in vitro model with murine stem cells (C3H10) for the study of tenogenic differentiation.
- •Growth differentiation factor 7 (GDF-7) stimulates tenogenic differentiation in this model.
- •GDF-7 also stimulates adipogenic and osteogenic differentiation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Achilles tendon disorders: etiology and epidemiology.Foot Ankle Clin. 2005; 10: 255-266
- Epidemiology, natural history, and indications for treatment of rotator cuff tears.Clin Sports Med. 2012; 31: 589-604
- The outcome and repair integrity of completely arthroscopically repaired large and massive rotator cuff tears.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2004; 86-A: 219-224
- Preclinical models for translating regenerative medicine therapies for rotator cuff repair.Tissue Eng Part B Rev. 2010; 16: 21-30
- The enthesis: a review of the tendon-to-bone insertion.Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2014; 4: 333-342
- Tendon basic science: development, repair, regeneration, and healing.J Orthop Res. 2015; 33: 780-784
- Tendon injury and tendinopathy: healing and repair.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 187-202
- Effects of cell-to-collagen ratio in stem cell-seeded constructs for Achilles tendon repair.Tissue Eng. 2006; 12: 681-689
- Enhancement of in vivo supraspinatus tendon–to-bone healing with an alginate-chitin scaffold and rhBMP-2.Injury. 2021; 52: 78-84
- Autologous mesenchymal stem cell-mediated repair of tendon.Tissue Eng. 1999; 5: 267-277
- Use of mesenchymal stem cells in a collagen matrix for Achilles tendon repair.J Orthop Res. 1998; 16: 406-413
- Ectopic induction of tendon and ligament in rats by growth and differentiation factors 5, 6, and 7, members of the TGF-beta gene family.J Clin Invest. 1997; 100: 321-330
- A review of clinical side effects of Bone Morphogenetic Protein.Tissue Engineering: Part B. 2016; 2: 284-297
- The roles of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 12 in stimulating the proliferation and matrix production of human patellar tendon fibroblasts.Life Sci. 2003; 72: 2965-2974
- BMP-12 treatment of adult mesenchymal stem cells in vitro augments tendon-like tissue formation and defect repair in vivo.PLoS ONE. 2011; 6: e17531
- Mesenchymal stem cells differentiate into tenocytes by bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 12 gene transfer.J Biosci Bioeng. 2005; 100: 418-422
- Mechanical and molecular parameters that influence the tendon differentiation potential of C3H10T1/2 cells in 2D- and 3D-culture systems.Biol Open. 2020; 9: 1-13
- Diclofenac and triamcinolone acetonide impair tenocytic differentiation and promote adipocytic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells.J Orthop Surg Res. 2013; 8: 30
- Establishment and characterization of a cloned line of C3H mouse embryo cells sensitive to postconfluence inhibition of division.Cancer Res. 1973; 33: 3231-3238
- Endogenous oncornaviruses in chemically induced transformation. I. Transformation independent of virus production.Virology. 1975; 65: 392-409
- Functional striated muscle cells from non-myoblast precursors following 5-azacytidine treatment.Nature. 1977; 267: 364-366
- Multiple new phenotypes induced in 10T1/2 and 3T3 cells treated with 5-azacytidine.Cell. 1979; 17: 771-779
- The non-osteogenic mouse pluripotent cell line, C3H10T1/2, is induced to differentiate into osteoblastic cells by recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2.Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990; 172: 295-299
- Scleraxis is a transcriptional activator that regulates the expression of Tenomodulin, a marker of mature tenocytes and ligamentocytes.Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 3155
- Biological augmentation of rotator cuff tendon repair.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2008; 466: 622-633
- Cellular therapy in bone-tendon interface regeneration.Organogenesis. 2014; 10: 13-28
- 5-Azacytidine induction of stable mesodermal stem cell lineages from 10T1/2 cells: evidence for regulatory genes controlling determination.Cell. 1984; 38: 791-800
- Fatty muscle degeneration in cuff ruptures. Pre- and postoperative evaluation by CT scan.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1994; : 78-83
- Fatty infiltration and atrophy of the rotator cuff do not improve after rotator cuff repair and correlate with poor functional outcome.Am J Sports Med. 2007; 35: 719-728
- PPARgamma insufficiency enhances osteogenesis through osteoblast formation from bone marrow progenitors.J Clin Invest. 2004; 113: 846-855
- Enhanced bone formation in lipodystrophic PPARgamma(hyp/hyp) mice relocates haematopoiesis to the spleen.EMBO Rep. 2004; 5: 1007-1012
- Impact of dexamethasone concentration on cartilage tissue formation from human synovial derived stem cells in vitro.Cytotechnology. 2018; 2: 819-829
- Effect of local retropharyngeal steroids on fusion rate after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion.Spine Journal. 2019; 000: 1-5