Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Should they stay or should they go? Who benefits from interfacility transfer to a higher-level trauma center following initial presentation at a lower-level trauma center.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2019; 86 (Jun): 952-960
- The benefit of higher level of care transfer of injured patients from nontertiary hospital emergency departments.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2007; 63 (Nov): 965-971
- Direct admission to improve timely access to care for patients requiring transfer to a level 1 trauma center.Trauma Surg Acute Care Open. 2020; 5 (Dec)e000607
- Committee on trauma.National Trauma Data Standard Data Dictionary, 2021 (Admissions [Internet]. Available from)
- Trauma in the elderly: intensive care unit resource use and outcome.J Trauma. 2002; 53 (Sep): 407-414
- Rural risk: geographic disparities in trauma mortality.Surgery. 2016; 160 (Dec 1): 1551-1559
- Does transport time help explain the high trauma mortality rates in rural areas? New and traditional predictors assessed by new and traditional statistical methods.Inj Prev. 2015; 21 (Dec): 367-373
- Identifying targets for potential interventions to reduce rural trauma deaths: a population-based analysis.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2010; 69 (Sep): 633-639
- Rural trauma team development course instills confidence in critical access hospitals.World J Surg. 2020; 44 (May 1): 1478-1484
- Does the rural trauma team development course shorten the interval from trauma patient arrival to decision to transfer?.J Trauma. 2011; 70 (Feb): 315-319
- Changes in rural trauma prehospital times following the rural trauma team development course training.Am J Surg. 2017; 213 (Feb 1): 399-404
All authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
No funding received for this work.
The authors would like to acknowledge Kielo Evjen for her assistance in this project.
This paper was presented at the Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) 202 Annual Scientific Meeting.