- •“We showed a poor completion rate of only 30%. There was a high percentage of previously undetected injuries within the study population who received a TTS. This may suggest the possibility that many injuries are missed within the remaining 70% population that did not receive a TTS.”
- •“The inclusion criteria of this audit are wider than the comparative studies. Rather than limiting it to patients who had triggered a trauma call, we chose to expand the inclusion criteria to be more representative of patients who we thought could benefit from a TTS.”
- •“Arguably, the inclusion criteria of this audit are more representative of patients who need tertiary surveys.”
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Tertiary survey in polytrauma patients should be an ongoing process.Injury. 2016; 47: 792-796
- Missed injury and the tertiary trauma survey.Injury. 2008; 39: 107-114
- MD implementation of a tertiary trauma survey decreases missed injuries.J Trauma. January 2003; 54: 38-44
- Missed injury in major trauma patients.Injury. 2004; 35: 407-410
- Prospective evaluation of early missed injuries and the role of tertiary trauma survey.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 1998; 44: 1000-1007
- Standardised proformas improve patient handover: audit of trauma handover practice.Patient Saf Surg. 2008; 2: 1-5
- Priorities for trauma quality improvement and registry use in Australia and New Zealand.Injury. 2020; 51: 84-90
Ministry of health. Counties Manukau DHB (Report No. 2212). Place of Publication: Retrieved from homepage (health.govt.nz/new-zealand-health-system/my-dhb/counties-manukau-dhb).
NZ National Trauma Network. NZ Major Trauma Registry Report – 2018/2019. https://www.majortrauma.nz/assets/Publication-Resources/Annual-reports/National-Trauma-Network-Annual-Report-2018-19.pdf.
- Measuring ethnicity in New Zealand: developing tools for health outcomes analysis.Ethnicity Health. 2007; 12: 299-320
- The impact of the tertiary survey in an established trauma program.Am Surg. 2021; 87: 437-442
- An initiative by midlevel providers to conduct tertiary surveys at a level I trauma center.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2010; 68: 1052-1058
- Tertiary survey by trauma nurse specialist at a paediatric trauma centre.N Z Med J (Online). 2021; 134: 73-82
- Poster: Tertiary Surveys – Maximising Opportunities for Better Care, Greer Janssen.New Zealand Association of General Surgeons (NZAGS) Annual Conference, Auckland DHB, NZ2020
- Practical guide to implementation science.JAMA Surg. 2020; 155: 434-435
- Translating evidence into practice: a model for large scale knowledge translation.BMJ. 2008; : 337