Level of Evidence
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Fracture of the distal radius: epidemiology and premanagement 10 HAND 00(0) radiographic characterization.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: 551-559
- Safety and efficacy of operative versus nonsurgical management of distal radius fractures in elderly patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Hand Surgery. 2016 Mar 1; 41: 404-413
- Factors affecting functional outcome of displaced intra-articular distal radius fractures.J Hand Surg Am. 1994; 19: 325-340
- Operative vs nonoperative treatment of distal radius fractures in adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e203497
- Outcome following nonoperative treatment of displaced distal radius fractures in low-demand patients older than 60 years.J Hand Surg Am. 2000; 25: 19-28
- Dorsally displaced distal radius fractures: introduction of Pacetti's line as radiological measurement to predict dorsal fracture displacement.Acta Biomed. 2021 Jul 1; 92 (e2021200PMID: 34212906; PMCID)PMC8343761https://doi.org/10.23750/abm.v92i3.11392
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Management of distal radius fractures. Evidence-based clinical practice guideline. www.aaos.org/drfcpg. Published December 5, 2020.
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. The treatment of distal radius fractures: guideline and evidence report. https://www.aaos.org/globalassets/quality-and-practiceresources/distal-radius/distal-radius-fractures-clinical-practice-guideline.pdf. Published December 5, 2009.
- The effect immobilization mechanisms have on radiographic outcomes and complication rates in the conservative treatment of distal radius fractures: a systematic review.Hand (N Y). 2022; (Apr 2Epub ahead of print. PMID: 35373590)15589447221081864https://doi.org/10.1177/15589447221081864
- Volar plate fixation vs. non-operative management for distal radius fractures in older adults: a meta-analysis.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2021; 25 (JunPMID: 34156674): 3955-3966https://doi.org/10.26355/eurrev_202106_26036
- Distal radius fractures–classification of treatment and indications for surgery.Hand Clin. 2010; 26: 37-42
- The relationship between radiological alignment of united distal radius fractures and functional and patient-perceived outcomes in elderly patients.J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2017; 252309499016684976
- Effectiveness and efficiency: random reflections on health services.London: Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust. 1972;
- Clinical decision making: from theory to practice. Connecting value and costs. Whom do we ask, and what do we ask them?.JAMA. 1990; 264 (Oct 3): 1737-1739
- Progress in evidence-based medicine: a quarter century on.Lancet. 2017; 390: 415-423
- The ASA statement on p-values: context, process and purpose.Am Stat. 2016; 70: 129-133
- The fragility of statistical significance in cartilage restoration of the knee: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials.Cartilage. 2021; 13 (Dec1_suppl147S-55S)
- The unit fragility index: an additional appraisal of “statistical significance” for a contrast of two proportions.J Clin Epidemiol. 1990; 43: 201-209
- The statistical significance of randomized controlled trials results is frequently fragile: a case for fragility index.J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67: 622-628
- The fragility index in hand surgery randomized controlled trials.J Hand Surg Am. 2019 Aug 1; 44 (698-e1)
- The fragility of statistically significant findings from randomized trials in spine surgery: a systematic survey.The Spine J. 2015; 15 (Oct 1): 2188-2197
- The fragility of statistically significant results in pediatric orthopaedic randomized controlled trials as quantified by the fragility index: a systematic review.J Pediatric Orthopaedics. 2018; 38 (Sep 1): e418-e423
Khan M., Evaniew N., Gichuru M., Habib A., Ayeni O.R., Bedi A., et al. The fragility of statistically significant findings from randomized trials in sports surgery: a systematic survey. The American journal of sports medicine. 2017 Jul;45(9):2164–70.
- The fragility index in randomized clinical trials as a means of optimizing patient care.JAMA Surg. 2019; 154 (Jan 1): 74
- Statistical fragility of surgical and procedural clinical trials in orthopaedic oncology.JAAOS Global Res Rev. 2020; 4 (Jun)
- Statistical fragility of randomized clinical trials in shoulder arthroplasty.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2021; 30 (Aug): 1787-1793
- The fragility of statistical findings in achilles tendon injury] research: a systematic review.J Am Acad Orthop Surg Glob Res Rev. 2021; 5 (Sep 2e21.00018)
- The fragility of significance in the hip arthroscopy literature: a systematic review.JBJS Open Access. 2021; 6 (Oct)
- The statistical fragility of platelet-rich plasma in rotator cuff surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Sports Med. 2021; (3rd) (Mar 1)363546521989976
- Fragility of randomized clinical trials of treatment of clavicular fractures.J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2019; 28 (MarPMID: 30771826): 415-422https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2018.11.039
- The robustness of trials that guide evidence-based orthopedic surgery.J Bone Jt Surg Am. 2018; 100: e85