- •Medial buttress plates can increase the mechanical resistance of the inverted triangle screw fixation system in treating type III FNFs.
- •Regardless of the medial plate use, multiple cannulated systems could provide similar biomechanical results regarding torsional stiffness and failure moments.
- •Bicortical placement of the most distal screw in medial buttress plate could improve axial stability, but not significantly affect the rotational stability of the inverted triangle screw fixation system in managing type III FNFs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Biomechanics of femoral neck fractures and implications for fixation.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: 27-32
- Treatment of young femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: 1-6
- An update on the Pauwels classification.J Orthop Surg Res. 2016; 11: 1-7
- Risk factors for nonunion in patients with intracapsular femoral neck fractures treated with three cannulated screws placed in either a triangle or an inverted triangle configuration.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95: 61-69
- Intracapsular fractures of the femoral neck. Results of cannulated screw fixation.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1994; 76: 1793-1803
- Medial anatomical buttress plate in treating displaced femoral neck fracture a finite element analysis.Injury. 2019; 50: 1895-1900
- Application of a medial buttress plate may prevent many treatment failures seen after fixation of vertical femoral neck fractures in young adults.Med Hypotheses. 2015; 84: 429-433
- Biomechanical evaluation of internal fixation implants for femoral neck fractures: a comparative finite element analysis.Comput Methods Programs Biomed. 2020; 196105714
- Biomechanical analysis of augmented plate fixation for the treatment of vertical shear femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2015; 29: 144-150
- The role of the medial plate for Pauwels type III femoral neck fracture: a comparative mechanical study using two fixations with cannulated screws.J Exp Orthop. 2019; 6: 1-9
- Biomechanical analysis of two medial buttress plate fixation methods to treat Pauwels type III femoral neck fractures.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2022; 23: 1-7
- Medial buttress plate augmentation of cannulated screw fixation in vertically unstable femoral neck fractures: surgical technique and preliminary results.Injury. 2017; 48: 2189-2193
- Elastic properties of human cortical and trabecular lamellar bone measured by nanoindentation.Biomaterials. 1997; 18: 1325-1330
- Comparison of monoplanar versus biplanar medial opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy techniques for preventing lateral cortex fracture.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2017; 25: 2914-2920
- The complications of displaced intracapsular fractures of the hip: the effect of screw positioning and angulation on fracture healing.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005; 87: 632-634
- Stability of L-shaped and inverted triangle fixation assemblies in treating Pauwels type II femoral neck fracture: a comparative mechanical study.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2018; 28: 1359-1367
- Analysis of mechanical strength to fixing the femoral neck fracture in synthetic bone type Asnis.Acta Ortop Bras. 2014; 22: 206-209
- Biomechanical comparison of antirotator compression hip screw and cannulated screw fixations in the femoral neck fractures.Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014; 48: 196-201
- Fixation of displaced femoral neck fractures in young adults: fixed-angle devices or Pauwel screws?.Injury. 2016; 47: 1676-1684
- Biomechanical comparison of dynamic hip screw, proximal femoral nail, cannulated screw, and monoaxial external fixation in the treatment of basicervical femoral neck fractures.Acta Chir Orthop Traumatol Cech. 2015; 82: 140-144