- •Femoral neck system, multiple cancellous screws, and dynamic hip screws are effective for femoral neck fractures.
- •Femoral neck system is a simpler operation, with earlier weight-bearing time, than multiple cancellous screws.
- •The main advantage of femoral neck system over dynamic hip screws is a minimally invasive operation.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- World-wide projections for hip fracture.Osteoporos Int. 1997; 7: 407-413https://doi.org/10.1007/pl00004148
- Fracture fixation in the operative management of hip fractures (FAITH): an international, multicentre, randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1519-1527https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(17)30066-1
- The societal costs of femoral neck fracture patients treated with internal fixation.Osteoporos Int. 2014; 25: 875-885https://doi.org/10.1007/s00198-013-2487-2
- Operative management of displaced femoral neck fractures in elderly patients. An international survey.J Bone Jt Surg Am. 2005; 87: 2122-2130https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.E.00535
- Are short femoral nails superior to the sliding hip screw? A meta-analysis of 24 studies involving 3,279 fractures.Int Orthop. 2006; 30: 69-78https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-005-0028-0
- Fixed angle devices versus multiple cancellous screws: what does the evidence tell us?.Injury. 2015; 46: 474-477https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2014.12.008
- Biomechanical evaluation of the femoral neck system in unstable pauwels III femoral neck fractures: a comparison with the dynamic hip screw and cannulated screws.J Orthop Trauma. 2017; 31: 131-137https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000000739
- Interobserver reliability of classification systems to rate the quality of femoral neck fracture reduction.J Orthop Trauma. 2009; 23: 408-412https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e31815ea017
- Femoral neck shortening after hip fracture fixation is associated with inferior hip function: results from the FAITH trial.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: 487-496https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001551
- Preoperative decision making in the treatment of high-angle "vertical" femoral neck fractures in young adult patients. An expert opinion survey of the orthopaedic trauma association's (OTA) membership.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: e221-e225https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000000080
- Internal fixation versus arthroplasty for displaced femoral neck fractures: what is the evidence?.J Orthop Trauma. 2009; 23: 395-402https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e318176147d
- Surgical treatment of undisplaced femoral neck fractures in the elderly.Int Orthop. 2007; 31: 677-682https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-006-0243-3
- Quantitative score system for the surgical decision on adult femoral neck fractures.Orthopedics. 2012; 35: e137-e143https://doi.org/10.3928/01477447-20120123-09
- Management of acute hip fracture.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 2053-2062https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMcp1611090
- Comparison of three different internal fixation implants in treatment of femoral neck fracture-a finite element analysis.J Orthop Surg Res. 2019; 14: 76https://doi.org/10.1186/s13018-019-1097-x
- Medial buttress plate augmentation of cannulated screw fixation in vertically unstable femoral neck fractures: surgical technique and preliminary results.Injury. 2017; 48: 2189-2193https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2017.08.017
- Sliding hip screw versus cannulated cancellous screws for fixation of femoral neck fracture in adults: a systematic review.Int J Surg. 2018; 52: 89-97https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsu.2018.01.050
- Treatment of young femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: S1-S6https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001369
- Predictors of early failure in young patients with displaced femoral neck fractures.J Orthop. 2015; 12: 75-80https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jor.2014.01.001
- Complications after intracapsular hip fractures in young adults. A meta-analysis of 18 published studies involving 564 fractures.Injury. 2005; 36: 131-141https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2004.05.023
- Results of internal fixation of Pauwels type-3 vertical femoral neck fractures.J Bone Jt Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1654-1659https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.G.01353
- Comparative study of fresh femoral neck fractures managed by multiple cancellous screws with and without fibular graft in young adults.J Clin Orthop Trauma. 2015; 6: 6-11https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcot.2014.12.008
- Novel treatment options for the surgical management of young femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: S33-SS7https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001368
- Fixation of displaced femoral neck fractures in young adults: fixed-angle devices or Pauwel screws?.Injury. 2016; 47: 1676-1684https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2016.03.014
- Optimal internal fixation for femoral neck fractures: multiple screws or sliding hip screws?.J Orthop Trauma. 2009; 23: 403-407https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e318176191f
- Femoral neck shortening after fracture fixation with multiple cancellous screws: incidence and effect on function.J Trauma. 2008; 64: 163-169https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ta.0000241143.71274.63
- Dynamic compression locking system versus multiple cannulated compression screw for the treatment of femoral neck fractures: a comparative study.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2020; 21: 230https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-020-03259-5
- Choice of implant for internal fixation of femoral neck fractures. Meta-analysis of 25 randomised trials including 4925 patients.Acta Orthop Scand. 1998; 69: 138-143https://doi.org/10.3109/17453679809117614
- Fixation of displaced femoral neck fractures. A comparison between sliding screw plate and four cancellous bone screws.Acta Orthop Scand. 1987; 58: 212-216https://doi.org/10.3109/17453678709146468
- Clinical outcome of femoral neck system versus cannulated compression screws for fixation of femoral neck fracture in younger patients.J Orthop Surg Res. 2021; 16: 370https://doi.org/10.1186/s13018-021-02517-z
- Fractures of the femoral neck in patients between the ages of twelve and forty-nine years.J Bone Jt Surg Am. 1984; 66: 837-846https://doi.org/10.2106/00004623-198466060-00003
- Timing of internal fixation of femoral neck fractures. A systematic review and meta-analysis of the final outcome.Injury. 2015; 46: 459-466https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2014.12.025
- Delayed internal fixation of fractures of the neck of the femur in young adults. A prospective, randomised study comparing closed and open reduction.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2004; 86: 1035-1040https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620x.86b7.15047