- •Offer one-stage producer for multi-digital pulp defects with sensate flaps without any amputation.
- •As a vigorous donor with great potential, the foot may provide a desirable tissue reserve for covering the digital lesions where sensitivity and thinned skin are required with proper bulkiness and allows for easy dissection. The sensate flap from the foot is a remarkable alternative for digital pulp reconstruction with less morbidity and better outcomes;.
- •The one-staged reconstruction is potentially superior method as it minimizes scarring and reduces recovery period, especially if it allows early mobilization, the functional results in pulp reconstruction would be achieved;.
- •The foot performed a better esthetic outcome with an inconspicuous site.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Microvascular soft tissue reconstruction of the digits.J Plast, Reconstruct Aesthetic Surg. 2006; 59: 441-450
- Functional assessment of the reconstructed fingertips after free toe pulp transfer.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007; 120: 1315-1321
- Reconstruction of the amputated finger tip with a triangular volar flap. A new surgical procedure.The Journal of bone and joint surgery. American volume. 1970; 52: 921-926
- A new island flap transfer from the dorsum of the index to the thumb.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1979; 63: 344-349
- Use of homodigital reverse island flaps for distal digital reconstruction.J Trauma-Injury Infect Crit Care. 2010; 68: 429-433
- Classification of the first web space free flap of the foot and its applications in reconstruction of the hand.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1999; 103: 508-517
- Medialis pedis flap in the reconstruction of palmar skin defects of the digits clarifying the anatomy of the medial plantar artery.Ann Plast Surg. 2014; 72: 542-552
- Transversely-inset great toe hemi-pulp flap transfer for the reconstruction of a thumb-tip defect.Microsurgery. 2015; 35: 235-238
- Thumb reconstruction with a free neurovascular wrap-around flap from the big toe.J Hand Surg Am. 1980; 5: 575-583
- Free medial plantar artery perforator flap for finger pulp reconstruction: report of a series of 10 cases.Microsurgery. 2010; 30: 118-124
- Lateral tarsal artery flap: an option for hypopharyngeal reconstruction in patients with hypopharyngeal carcinomas after surgery.Int J Clin Exp Med. 2015; 8: 4855-4861
- Reverse-flow lateral tarsal island flap for covering the great toe donor site of wraparound flap.Ann Plast Surg. 2016; 77: 445-449
- Finger palmar surface reconstruction using medial plantar venous flap: possibility of sensory restoration without neurorrhaphy.Ann Plast Surg. 2006; 57: 552-556
- Medial plantar venous flap: classic donor site modification for hand defects.Ann Plast Surg. 2018; 81: 444-448
- Free lateral great toe flap for the reconstruction of finger pulp defects.J Reconstr Microsurg. 2015; 31: 277-282
- Modified thin abdominal wall flap (glove flap) for the treatment of acute burns to the hands and fingers.J Plast Reconstruct Aesthetic Surg. 2010; 63: 693-699
- Defining the indications of pedicled groin and abdominal flaps in hand reconstruction in the current microsurgery era.J Hand Surg-Am Volume. 2016; 41: 917-928
- A different method of fingertip reconstruction with the thenar flap.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2005; 115 (discussion 9-90): 885-888
- An innervated cross-finger flap for fingertip reconstruction.Plast Reconstr Surg. 1983; 72: 688-697
- A comparative study of finger pulp reconstruction using arterialised venous sensate flap and insensate flap from forearm.J Plast Reconstruct Aesthetic Surg. 2012; 65: 1220-1226
- An alternative approach in the treatment of thumb web contracture skin defects: lateral tarsal artery flap.Chin Med J. 2009; 122: 2133-2137
- Reconstruction of fingers after electrical injury using lateral tarsal artery flap.Ther Clin Risk Manag. 2017; 13: 855-861
- Extreme thumb losses: reconstructive Strategies.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2019; 144: 665-677
- Communicating branch of toe web veins as a venous return pathway in free toe pulp flaps.Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010; 126 (268E-9E)
- Free arterialised flow-through venous flap with venous anastomosis as the outflow (A-A-V flap) for reconstruction after severe finger injuries.J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2013; 47: 66-69
- Location of communicating veins for medial plantar venous flap.Ann Plast Surg. 2008; 61: 99-104
- Combined multi-lobed flaps: a series of 39 extensive hand and multi-digit injuries one-staged reconstructions using modified designs of ALT, DPA and chimeric linking flaps.Injury-Intl J Care Injured. 2017; 48: 1527-1535
- Syndactylizing arterialized venous flaps for multiple finger injuries.Microsurgery. 2014; 34: 527-534