- •There is weak interobserver reliability of interpreting clinical difference based on observed difference and the confidence interval.
- •The interpretation of the p-value did not differentiate physician reported clinical relevance.
- •The novel OD/CI ratio, showed a significant difference for differentiating clinical relevance.
- •The OD/CI maximized the sensitivity (SN) and specificity (SP) for identifying clinical relevance.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Alternatives to P value: confidence interval and effect size.Korean J Anesthesiol. 2016; 69: 555-562
- Using effect size-or why the P value is not enough.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 279-282
- Statistical reporting for current and future readers.Anesthesiology. 2007; 107: 193-194
- Editorial: changes in the field: banning p-values (or not), transparency, and the opportunities of a renewed discussion on rigorous (quantitative) research.Child Adolesc Ment Health. 2018; 23: 61-62
- Interrater reliability: the kappa statistic.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2012; 22: 276-282
- What hypotheses do “nonparametric” two-group tests actually test?.Stata J. 2012; 12: 182-190
- On the use of partial area under the ROC curve for comparison of two diagnostic tests.Biom J. 2015; 57: 304-320
- The youden index in the generalized receiver operating characteristic curve context.Int J Biostat. 2019; 15
- On effect size.Psychol Methods. 2012; 17: 137-152
- New guidelines for statistical reporting in the journal.N Engl J Med. 2019; 381: 285-286
- Changing trends in falciparum burden, immunity, and disease in pregnancy.N Engl J Med. 2015; 373: 1607-1617
- The minimum clinically important difference: which direction to take.Eur J Neurol. 2019; 26: 850-855
- Clinimetrics corner: the minimal clinically important change score (mcid): a necessary pretense.J Man Manip Ther. 2008; 16: E82-E83
- Beyond cohen’s d: alternative effect size measures for between-subject designs.J Exp Educ. 2014; 82: 22-50