- •FNBP does not appear to significantly impact union, femoral neck shortening or changes in neck shaft angle when used as an adjunct in the treatment of vertical femoral neck fractures.
- •FNBP may be beneficial during reduction and initial fixation of vertical femoral neck fractures.
- •Vertical femoral neck fractures in young patients are due to high energy trauma and can be very difficult to treat.
- Results of internal fixation of Pauwels type-3 vertical femoral neck fractures.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1654-1659
- The vertical hip fracture – a treatment challenge. A cohort study with an up to 9 year follow-up of 137 consecutive hips treated with sliding hip screw and antirotation screw.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012; 13: 171
- Does a trochanteric lag screw improve fixation of vertically oriented femoral neck fractures? A biomechanical analysis in cadaveric bone.Clin Biomech. 2013;
- Biomechanical analysis of a novel femoral neck locking plate for treatment of vertical shear Pauwels type C femoral neck fractures.Injury. 2012; 43: 802-806
- Results of cephalomedullary nail fixation for displaced intracapsular femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2011; 25: 714-720
- Technical tips in fracture care: fractures of the hip.Instr Course Lect. 2008; 57: 17-24
- Vertically oriented femoral neck fractures: mechanical analysis of four fixation techniques.J Orthop Trauma. 2007; 21: 544-548
- Open reduction of intracapsular hip fractures using a modified Smith-Petersen surgical exposure.J Orthop Trauma. 2007; 21: 490-494
- Quantification of femoral neck exposure through a minimally invasive Smith-Petersen approach.J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24: 355-358
- The role of the medial plate for Pauwels type III femoral neck fracture: a comparative mechanical study using two fixations with cannulated screws.J Exp Ortho. 2019; 6: 18
- Medial plating of pauwels Type III femoral neck fractures decreases shear and angular displacement compared to derotational screw.J Orthop Trauma. 2020;
- The role of medial buttress plate augmentation of cannulated screws in unstable femoral neck fractures: a pilot study.J Orthop Spine Trauma. 2021; : 12-16
- Medial buttress plate augmentation of cannulated screw fixation in vertically unstable femoral neck fractures: surgical technique and preliminary results.Injury. 2017; 48: 2189-2193
- The value of the tip-apex distance in predicting failure of fixation of peritrochanteric fractures of the hip.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1995; 77: 1058-1064
- Intrameduallry fixation of unstable intertrochanteric hip fractures: one or two lag screws.J Orthop Trauma. 2004; 18: 12-17
- Malpositioning of the lag screw by 1- or 2- screw nailing systems for pertrochanteric femoral fractures: a biomechanical comparison of Gamma 3 and Intertan.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 276-282
- Pre-operative decision-making in the treatment of high-angle “vertical” femoral neck fractures in young adult patients.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: e221-e225
- Fracture morphology of high shear angle “vertical” femoral neck fractures in young adult patients.J Orthop Trauma. 2013; 28: 270-275
- Biomechanical analysis of augmented plate fixation for the treatment of vertical shear femoral neck fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2015; 29: 144-150
- Vertical shear fractures of the femoral neck. A biomechanical study.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 367: 300-305
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Author through which all communication should be directed is Andrew Steffensmeier.