- •This study is the first study to evaluate the effect of single dose and locally applied LF with autograft on peri‑implant bone healing.
- •Locally applied single dose of LF increases the efficiency of autograft and increases bone-implant contact with its osteoinductive effect.
- •The healing of the defect was evaluated by histomorphometric, immunohistochemical and micro-Ct analysis.
- •Bone implant contact values was examined with the micro-ct which is a gold standard.
- •The effect of LF administration method on bone metabolism - especially osteoclasts, has a key role.
- Effects of bovine lactoferrin in surgically created bone defects on bone regeneration around implants.J Oral Sci. 2015; 57: 7-15
- Histomorphometric evaluation of bone formation in peri-implant defects treated with different regeneration techniques: an experimental study in a rabbit model.J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2016; 74: 1757-1764
- Bone formation around two titanium implant surfaces placed in bone defects with and without a bone substitute material: a histological, histomorphometric, and micro-computed tomography evaluation.Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2020; 22: 177-185
- Evaluation of teriparatide effect on healing of autografted mandibular defects in rats.J Oral Maxill Surg. 2019; 47: 120-126
- Lactoferrin: structure, function and applications.Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2009; 33: 301.e1-301.e8
- Bovine lactoferrin improves bone mass and micro-structure in overiectomized rats via OPG/RANKL/RANK pathway.Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012; 33: 1277-1284
- Lactoferrin-a novel bone growth factor.Clin Med Res. 2005; 3: 93-101
- Lactoferrin promotes bone growth.Biometals. 2004; 17: 331-335
- Analysis of MMP-3 polymorphism in osseointegrated implant failure.Braz J Oral Sci. 2016; 15: 304-307
- Impact of lactoferrin on bone regenerative processes and its possible implementation in oral surgery-a systematic review of novel studies with metanalysis and metaregression.BMC Oral Health. 2020; 20: 1-12
- Histomorphometric evaluation of bone regeneration in peri-implant osseous defects treated with titanium prepared platelet rich fibrin: an experimental study in a rabbit model.Med J SDU. 2018; 25: 243-250
- Comparative analysis of carrier systems for delivering bone morphogenetic proteins.J Periodontal Implant Sci. 2015; 45: 136-144
Araujo A.S., Fernandes A.B., Maciel J.V., Netto Jde N., Bolognese A.M. New methodology for evaluating osteoclastic.
- Osteoblasts and osteoclasts in bone remodeling and inflammation.Curr Drug Targets Inflamm Allergy. 2005; 4: 325-328
- Osteoblasts in bone physiology-mini review.Rambam Maimonides Med J. 2012; 3: e0013
- Bone modeling and remodeling: potential as therapeutic targets for the treatment of osteoporosis.Ther Adv Musculoskelet Dis. 2016; 8: 225-235
- Histological comparison of healing extraction sockets implanted with bioactive glass or demineralized frieze-dried bone allograft: a pilot study.J Periodontol. 2002; 73: 94-102
- Dental extraction, immediate placement of dental implants, and immediate function.Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2015; 27: 273-282
- Inhibitory effect of alendronate on bone resorption of autogenous free bone grafts in rats.J Oral Maxill Surg. 2007; 65: 508-516
- Interferon-γ enhances the efficacy of autogenous bone grafts by inhibiting postoperative bone resorption in rat calvarial defects.J Prosthodont Res. 2016; 60: 167-176
- Local application of lactoferrin promotes bone regeneration in a rat critical-sized calvarial defect model as demonstrated by micro-CT and histological analysis.J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2018; 12: 620-626
- Bone regeneration by lactoferrin released from a gelatin hydrogel.J Biomater Sci. 2011; 22: 1581-1589
- Histologic and histomorphometric evaluation of the effect of lactoferrin combined with anorganic bovine bone on healing of experimentally induced bony defects on rabbit calvaria.J Dent Res. 2012; 9: 75-80
- Bone regeneration by lactoferrin in non-critical-sized rat calvarial bone defects.Journal of Medical Biological Engineering. 2014; 34: 256-260
- Lactoferrin a biological active molecul for bone regeneration.Curr Med Chem. 2011; 18: 1220-1229
- The influence of alendronate treatment and bone graft volume on posterior lateral fusion in a porcine model.Spine. 2005; 30: 1116-1121
- Osteogenesis of adipose-derived stem cells.Bone Res. 2013; 1: 133-145
- Osteogenic comparison of expanded and uncultured adipose stromal cells.Cytotherapy. 2010; 12: 554-562
- Systemic DKK1 neutralization enhances human adipose-derived stem cell mediated bone repair.Stem Cells Transl Med. 2021; 10: 610-622
- Comparison of bone-to-implant contact and bone volume around implants placed with or without site preparation: a histomorphometric study in rabbits.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 1-10
- Methods to improve osseointegration of dental implants in low quality (Type-IV) bone: an overview.J Funct Biomater. 2018; 9: 1-8
- Simultaneous implant placement and bone regeneration around dental implants using tissue-engineered bone with fibrin glue, mesenchymal stem cells and platelet-rich plasma.Clin Oral Implants Res. 2006; 17: 579-586
- Bone response to unloaded and loaded titanium implants with a sandblasted and acid-etched surface: a histometric study in the canine mandible.J Biomed Mater Res. 1998; 40: 1-11
- Quantification of the mandibular defect healing by micro CT morphometric analysis in rats.J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2018; 46: 2203-2213
- Chapter Six-Matrix metalloproteinases in bone resorption, remodelling, and repair.Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 2017; 148: 203-303
- Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 accelerates wound healing following dental pulp injury.AJP. 2009; 175: 1905-1914
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinase-3 gene expression in inflammation: a molecular study.J Conserv Dent. 2018; 21: 592-596
- Correlation of circulating matrix metalloproteinase-3 and osteopontin levels with postmenopausal osteoporosis.J Trauma Treat. 2013; 2: 1-3
- Stromelysin (MMP-3) synthesis is up-regulated in estrogen-deficient Mouse osteoblasts in vivo and in vitro.J Bone Miner Res. 1999; 14: 1880-1890
- Recombinant human lactoferrin inhibits matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-2, MMP-3, and MMP-9) activity in a rabbit preterm delivery model.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2008; 34: 931-934
- Signal transduction and metabolism in chondrocytes is modulated by lactoferrin.Osteoarthritis and Cartilage. 2010; 18: 117-125