- •Virtual platform demonstrated ability to differentiate between levels of experience.
- •Higher novel metrics obtained in the module were associated with expertise.
- •The platform was felt to be more useful for surgical trainees early in their career.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The evolution of surgical training in the UK.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2019; 10: 163-168
- Evaluation of surgical training in the era of simulation.World J Gastrointest Endosc. 2014; 6: 436-447
- Simple visual parameters for objective assessment of arthroscopic skill.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: e97
- Readiness of US general surgery residents for independent practice.Ann Surg. 2017; 266: 582-594
- International guidelines for groin hernia management.Hernia. 2018; 22: 1-165
- Total hip arthroplasty performed by direct anterior approach - does experience influence the learning curve?.SICOT J. 2020; 6: 15
- Virtual reality simulation training for health professions trainees in gastrointestinal endoscopy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; CD008237
- Virtual reality simulation training for health professions trainees in gastrointestinal endoscopy.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; 8CD008237
- Virtual reality simulation in endoscopy training: current evidence and future directions.World J Gastroenterol. 2018; 24: 5439-5445
- Virtual reality training in laparoscopic surgery: a systematic review & meta-analysis.Int J Surg. 2016; 29: 85-94
- The use of simulation in the acquisition of laparoscopic suturing skills.Int J Surg. 2014; 12: 258-268
- Establishing the minimal number of virtual reality simulator training sessions necessary to develop basic laparoscopic skills competence: evaluation of the learning curve.Int Braz J Urol. 2013; 39: 712-719
- Arthroscopy skills development with a surgical simulator: a comparative study in orthopaedic surgery residents.Am J Sports Med. 2015; 43: 1526-1529
- Simulation training improves surgical proficiency and safety during diagnostic shoulder arthroscopy performed by residents.Orthopedics. 2016; 39: e479-e485
- Impact of simulation training on diagnostic arthroscopy performance: a randomized controlled trial.Arthrosc Sports Med Rehabil. 2019; 1: e47-e57
- Training safer orthopedic surgeons. Construct validation of a virtual-reality simulator for hip fracture surgery.Acta Orthop. 2015; 86: 616-621
- Does virtual reality simulation have a role in training trauma and orthopaedic surgeons?.Bone Joint J. 2018; 100-B: 559-565
- Surgeon's experience level and risk of reoperation after hip fracture surgery: an observational study on 30,945 patients in the Norwegian hip fracture register 2011-2015.Acta Orthop. 2018; 89: 496-502
- Validation of virtual reality simulators: key to the successful integration of a novel teaching technology into minimal access surgery.Minim Invasive Ther Allied Technol. 2005; 14: 244-246
- A framework for the testing and validation of simulated environments in experimentation and training.Front Psychol. 2020; 11: 605
- Transfer of learning and patient outcome in simulated crisis resource management: a systematic review.Can J Anaesth. 2014; 61: 571-582
- Virtual reality assessment of technical skill using the Bonedoc DHS simulator.Injury. 2008; 39: 1127-1133
- Surgical simulators and hip fractures: a role in residency training?.J Surg Educ. 2011; 68: 298-302
- Virtual reality in spinal endoscopy: a paradigm shift in education to support spine surgeons.J Spine Surg. 2020; 6: S208-SS23
- (CSES) CSaES. Improved complex skill acquisition by immersive virtual reality training: a randomized controlled trial.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2020; 102: e26
- Identifying orthopaedic surgeons of the future: the inability of some medical students to achieve competence in basic arthroscopic tasks despite training: a randomised study.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93: 1586-1591
- Intraoperative radiation safety in orthopaedics: a review of the ALARA (as low as reasonably achievable) principle.Patient Saf Surg. 2016; 10: 27
- The value of interpretation of intraoperative fluoroscopy by radiologists during pediatric fracture treatment.J Pediatr Orthop. 2014; 34: 359-361
- Validation of the updated ArthroS simulator: face and construct validity of a passive haptic virtual reality simulator with novel performance metrics.Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2017; (<i data-test="journal-title" style="box-sizing: inherit;">): 616-625
- An analysis of gender diversity in urology in the UK and Ireland.Ir Med J. 2017; 110: 648
- Technology not policy will help drive female consultant numbers higher.Bulletin. 2020; 104: 134-137
- Virtual-reality simulation to assess performance in hip fracture surgery.Acta Orthop. 2014; 85: 403-407