- •TirobotTM is a Chinese independent development of universal orthopaedic surgery robot, can be used in spine, limbs, joints and other orthopaedic surgery. It is a representative work in the development of surgical robots in China. In this study, TirobotTM was used to assist S2 screws placement in treating unstable posterior pelvic fractures.
- •The clinical value of S2 screws in the treatment of pelvic posterior ring unstable fractures was systematically summarized, including S1 dysmorphia and biomechanical advantages, so as to provide a reference for the clinical treatment of such fractures.
- •We confirmed that robot-assisted S2 screw placement improved the safety and accuracy of surgery, reduced the radiation exposure, and improved the efficiency compared with traditional surgical methods.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Proximity of iliosacral screws to neurovascular structures after internal fixation.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1996; 194-8 (https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-199608000-00023)
- Fluoroscopy-based multiplanar image guidance for insertion of sacroiliac screws.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2002; 135-44https://doi.org/10.1097/00003086-200202000-00014
- Safe placement of S1 and S2 iliosacral screws: the "vestibule" concept.J Orthop Trauma. 2000; 14: 264-269https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-200005000-00007
- 2D-fluoroscopic navigated percutaneous screw fixation of pelvic ring injuries–a case series.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2010; 11: 153https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-11-153
- Variations in sacral morphology and implications for iliosacral screw fixation.The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2012; 20: 8-16https://doi.org/10.5435/jaaos-20-01-008
- Radiographic quantification and analysis of dysmorphic upper sacral osseous anatomy and associated iliosacral screw insertions.J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24 (https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e3181dc50cd): 630-636
- Quantification of the upper and second sacral segment safe zones in normal and dysmorphic sacra.J Orthop Trauma. 2010; 24: 622-629https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e3181cf0404
- Biomechanical study of four kinds of percutaneous screw fixation in two types of unilateral sacroiliac joint dislocation: a finite element analysis.Injury. 2014; 45: 2055-2059https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2014.10.052
- Posterior screw fixation in rotationally unstable pelvic ring injuries.Injury. 2011; 42: 992-996https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2011.04.005
- Biomechanical comparison of posterior pelvic ring fixation.J Orthop Trauma. 2003; 17: 481-487https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-200308000-00002
- Cyclic loading of sacroiliac screws in Tile C pelvic fractures.The Journal of trauma. 2005; 58: 1029-1034https://doi.org/10.1097/01.ta.0000158515.58494.11
- Biomechanical comparison of sacroiliac screw techniques for unstable pelvic ring fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2004; 18: 589-595https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-200410000-00002
- Radiographic recognition of the sacral alar slope for optimal placement of iliosacral screws: a cadaveric and clinical study.J Orthop Trauma. 1996; 10: 171-177https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-199604000-00005
- Comparison of the risk of breakage of two kinds of sacroiliac screws in the treatment of bilateral sacral fractures.European spine journal: official publication of the European Spine Society, the European Spinal Deformity Society, and the European Section of the Cervical Spine Research Society. 2014; 23: 1558-1567https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-014-3313-z
- Mechanical comparison between lengthened and short sacroiliac screws in sacral fracture fixation: a finite element analysis.Orthopaedics & traumatology, surgery & research: OTSR. 2013; 99: 601-606https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otsr.2013.03.023
- Biomechanical comparison of standard iliosacral screw fixation to transsacral locked screw fixation in a type C zone II pelvic fracture model.J Orthop Trauma. 2013; 27: 521-526https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e3182781102
- Transiliac-transsacral screws for posterior pelvic stabilization.J Orthop Trauma. 2011; 25: 378-384https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0b013e3181e47fad
- Evaluation of a Bi-Planar Robot Navigation System for Insertion of Cannulated Screws in Femoral Neck Fractures.Orthop Surg. 2019; 11: 373-379https://doi.org/10.1111/os.12450