- •Intramedullary interlocking nailing with a compression screw is an alternative method of fixation for treating adult forearm fractures.
- •Twenty-one patients with forearm shaft fractures underwent intramedullary interlocking nailing procedures.
- •Several complications arose including one nonunion, one ruptured extensor pollicis longus tendon, and one transitory radial nerve palsy.
- •Intramedullary interlocking nailing for treating adult forearm fractures results in good clinical outcomes with reliable union rates.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adult diaphyseal forearm fractures: intramedullary nail versus plate fixation.J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 1216-1219
- Screw elastic intramedullary nail for the management of adult forearm fractures.Indian J Orthop. 2012; 46: 65-70
- Shaft fractures of both forearm bones: the outcomes of surgical treatment with plating only and combined plating and intramedullary nailing.Clin Orthop Surg. 2015; 7: 282-290
- Medullary fixation of fractures of the forearm. A study of the medullary canal of the radius and a report of fifty fractures of the radius treated with a prebent triangular nail.J Bone Joint Surg. 1959; 41A: 1489-1516
- Intramedullary nailing of adult isolated diaphyseal radius fractures.Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2016; 22: 184-191
- Interlocking contoured intramedullary nail fixation for selected diaphyseal fractures of the forearm in adults.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90: 1891-1898
- Adult diaphyseal both-bone forearm fractures: a clinical and biomechanical comparison of four different fixations.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2016; 102: 319-325
- A comparison of the treatment results of open reduction internal fixation and intramedullary nailing in adult forearm diaphyseal fractures.Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg. 2017; 23: 235-244
- Comparison between locked intramedullary nailing and plate osteosynthesis in the management of adult forearm fractures.Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2009; 43: 14-20
- Plate fixation versus intramedullary nailing for both-bone forearm fractures: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials and cohort studies.World J Surg. 2017; 41: 722-723
- Alternative treatment of forearm double fractures: new design intramedullary nail.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2014; 134: 1387-1396
- Determination of radiographic healing: an assessment of consistency using RUST and modified RUST in metadiaphyseal fractures.J Orthop Trauma. 2015; 29: 516-520
- Evolution of the internal fixation of long bone fractures. The scientific basis of biological internal fixation: choosing a new balance between stability and biology.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2002; 84: 1093-1110
- New interlocking intramedullary radius and ulna nails for treating forearm diaphyseal fractures in adults: a retrospective study.Injury. 2014; 45: S16-S23
- Diaphyseal fractures of the forearm in adults, plating or intramedullary nailing is a better option for the treatment?.Open Access Maced J Med Sci. 2016; 4: 670-673
- Intramedullary fixation of forearm fractures with new locked nail.Indian J Orthop. 2011; 45: 410-416
- Plate osteosynthesis versus intramedullary nailing for both forearm bones fractures.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2014; 24: 769-776
- Nailing of diaphyseal ulna fractures in adults-biomechanical evaluation of a novel implant in comparison with locked plating.J Orthop Surg Res. 2020; 15: 158
- The effects of radial bowing and complications in intramedullary nail fixation of adult forearm fractures.Eklem Hastalik Cerrahisi. 2017; 28: 30-34
- Iatrogenic posterior interosseous nerve injury: is transosseous static locked nailing of the radius feasible?.J Orthop Trauma. 1995; 9: 427-429
- Intramedullary nail fixation of non-traditional fractures: clavicle, forearm, fibula.Injury. 2017; 48: S41-S46
- Management of adult diaphyseal both-bone forearm fractures.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2014; 22: 437-446
- Intramedullary fixation of forearm fractures.Hand Clin. 2010; 26 (vii.): 391-401
- Nonunion of fractures of the ulna and radius diaphyses: clinical and radiological results of surgical treatment.Malays Orthop J. 2016; 10: 27-34
- Treatment of infected forearm nonunions with large complete segmental defects using bulk allograft and intramedullary fixation.J Hand Surg Am. 2016; 41: 881-887
- Treatment of diaphyseal forearm atrophic nonunions with intramedullary nails and modified Nicoll's technique in adults.Acta Orthop Traumatol Turc. 2014; 48: 262-270
☆This paper is part of a supplement supported by The Croatian Trauma Society.