- •The AO-Trauma Italy council has encouraged the development of a national fracture registry in Italy (RIFra).
- •Thirteen AO-Trauma Italy members, chairmen of Level-I orthopaedic and trauma centres, diffused throughout Italy, were involved in the RIFra project.
- •The RIFra form, developed between November 2019 and March 2020, consists of 5 main sections, namely: epidemiologic data, previous surgical procedure (if any), patient and fracture features, surgical procedure, surgical implant details.
- •This study constitutes the first step to start, the bureaucratic procedure leading to the final establishment of a national fracture registry in Italy.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Will registries slow down or accelerate innovation?.EFORT Open Rev. 2019; 4: 416-422https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.4.180065
- Registry stakeholders.EFORT Open Rev. 2019; 4: 330-336https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.4.180077
- The what, when and how of orthopaedic registers: an introduction into register-based research.EFORT Open Rev. 2019; 4: 337-343https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.4.180097
- The Swedish knee arthroplasty register 1975-1997: an update with special emphasis on 41,223 knees operated on in 1988-1997.Acta Orthop Scand. 2001; 72: 503-513https://doi.org/10.1080/000164701753532853
- Registries in orthopaedics.Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2015; 101: S69-S75https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otsr.2014.06.029
Decreto del presidente del consiglio dei ministri 3 marzo 2017. Gazzetta Ufficiale 2017. https://www.gazzettaufficiale.it/eli/id/2017/05/12/17A03142/sg.
LEGGE, 2012. 17 dicembre 2012 n. 221. Gazzetta Ufficiale. https://www.gazzettaufficiale.it/eli/id/2012/12/18/012G0244/sg.
- Development of a German fracture register to assess current fracture care and improve treatment quality: a feasibility study.EFORT Open Rev. 2017; 2: 474-477https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.2.160086
- The pedicle instrumentation and percutaneous elevation (Pi.Pe): a new cementless surgical technique in type A post-traumatic vertebral fractures.Eur Spine J. 2018; 27: 182-189https://doi.org/10.1007/s00586-018-5602-4
- Vertebral fragility fractures: clinical and radiological results of augmentation and fixation—a systematic review of randomized controlled clinical trials.Age Clin Exp Res. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-019-01289-1
- More reoperations for periprosthetic fracture after cemented hemiarthroplasty with polished taper-slip stems than after anatomical and straight stems in the treatment of hip fractures.Bone Jt J. 2018; (100B)https://doi.org/10.1302/0301-620X.100B12.BJJ-2018-0262.R1
- The Norwegian hip fracture register: experiences after the first 2 years and 15,576 reported operations.Acta Orthop. 2008; 79: 583-593https://doi.org/10.1080/17453670810016588
- Fast track hip fracture care and mortality - an observational study of 2230 patients.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2019; 20https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-019-2637-6
- Implementation of the Swedish fracture register.Unfallchirurg. 2018; 121: 949-955https://doi.org/10.1007/s00113-018-0538-z
- Study protocol: hipsther- a register-based randomised controlled trial-hip screws or (total) hip replacement for undisplaced femoral neck fractures in older patients.BMC Geriatr. 2020; 20https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-020-1418-2
- Epidemiology, treatment and mortality of trochanteric and subtrochanteric hip fractures: data from the Swedish fracture register 11 medical and health sciences 1103 clinical sciences 11 medical and health sciences 1117 public health and health services.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2018; 19https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-018-2276-3
- Epidemiology and incidence of tibia fractures in the Swedish fracture register.Injury. 2018; 49: 2068-2074https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.09.008
- Inter- and intra-rater reliability of vertebral fracture classifications in the Swedish fracture register.World J Orthop. 2019; 10: 14-22https://doi.org/10.5312/wjo.v10.i1.14
- Femoral fracture classification in the Swedish fracture register - a validity study.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2019; 20https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-019-2579-z
- Epidemiology, classification, treatment and mortality of distal radius fractures in adults: an observational study of 23,394 fractures from the national Swedish fracture register.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2020; 21: 88https://doi.org/10.1186/s12891-020-3097-8
- Early results and future challenges of the Danish fracture database.Dan Med J. 2014;
- Persistent pain is common 1 year after ankle and wrist fracture surgery: a register-based questionnaire study.Br J Anaesth. 2016; 116: 655-661https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/aew069
- Osteosynthesis with parallel implants in the treatment of femoral neck fractures: minimal effect of implant position on risk of reoperation.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2018; 100: 1682-1690https://doi.org/10.2106/JBJS.18.00270
- No association between surgical delay and mortality following distal femoral fractures. A study from the Danish fracture database collaborators.Injury. 2017; 48: 2833-2837https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2017.10.022
- The Danish fracture database can monitor quality of fracture-related surgery, surgeons’ experience level and extent of supervision.Dan Med J. 2014; 61
- Orthopaedic registries: the German experience.EFORT Open Rev. 2019; 4: 401-408https://doi.org/10.1302/2058-5241.4.180064
- Beyond the pillars of the ankle: a prospective randomized CT analysis of syndesmosis’ injuries in Weber B and C type fractures.Injury. 2018; 49: S54-S60https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.10.005
- Capacitive coupling electric fields in the treatment of vertebral compression fractures.J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015; 29
- Alumina-on-alumina total hip replacement for femoral neck fracture in healthy patients.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2011; 12: 32https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2474-12-32
- The fake unlocked femoral nail: a configuration to avoid in stable pertrochanteric femur fractures.Injury. 2018; 49: S32-S36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.09.057
- Is distal locking with short intramedullary nails necessary in stable pertrochanteric fractures? A prospective, multicentre, randomised study.Injury. 2016; 47: S98-106https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2016.07.038
- Unlocked versus dynamic and static distal locked femoral nails in stable and unstable intertrochanteric fractures. A prospective study.Injury. 2018; 49: S19-S25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.09.063
- The impact of lag screw in the healing time of distal tibia fractures treated with minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis: a randomized clinical trial.Injury. 2020; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2020.02.042
- Box-loop technique in the management of complex elbow instability: a prospective controlled trial.Muscles Ligaments Tendons J. 2018; 8https://doi.org/10.11138/mltj/2018.8.2.191
- Subtrochanteric femoral shortening osteotomy combined with cementless total hip replacement for Crowe type IV developmental dysplasia: a retrospective study.J Orthop Traumatol. 2017; 18: 407-413https://doi.org/10.1007/s10195-017-0466-7
- Semiextended tibial nail insertion using an extraarticular lateral parapatellar approach: a 24-month follow-up prospective cohort study.J Orthop Trauma. 2019; 33: e366-e371https://doi.org/10.1097/BOT.0000000000001554
- Double plating for bicolumnar distal humerus fractures in the elderly.Injury. 2017; 48: S20-S23https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(17)30652-6
- Intercalary allograft reconstruction in a patient with large tibial defect: case report.Injury. 2018; 49: S39-S42https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.09.056
- The impact of the third fragment features on the healing of femoral shaft fractures managed with intramedullary nailing: a radiological study.Int Orthop. 2019; 43: 193-200https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-018-4214-2
- The ideal timing for nail dynamization in femoral shaft delayed union and non-union.Int Orthop. 2019; 43: 217-222https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-018-4129-y
- Leeds-Genoa non-union index: a clinical tool for asessing the need for early intervention after long bone fracture fixation.Int Orthop. 2020; 44: 161-172https://doi.org/10.1007/s00264-019-04376-0
- Aetiology of trauma-related acute compartment syndrome of the leg: a systematic review.Injury. 2019; 50: S57-S64https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2019.01.047
- Serum biomarkers in the diagnosis of periprosthetic joint infection: consolidated evidence and recent developments.Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci. 2019; 23: 43-50https://doi.org/10.26355/eurrev_201904_17473
- Perioperative plasmatic presepsin levels in patients undergoing total hip or knee replacement: a preliminary study.J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2017; 31: 1081-1085
- The use of gentamicin-coated nails in the tibia: preliminary results of a prospective study.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2011; 131: 1419-1425https://doi.org/10.1007/s00402-011-1321-6
- The Masquelet technique in the treatment of a non-infected open complex fracture of the distal tibia with severe bone and soft tissue loss: a case report.Injury. 2018; 49: S58-S62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.injury.2018.11.039
- Reducing periprosthetic joint infection: what really counts?.Joints. 2016; 3https://doi.org/10.11138/JTS/2015.3.4.208
- Patient specific instrumentation in total knee arthroplasty.Acta Biomed. 2017; 88: 45-47https://doi.org/10.23750/abm.v88i2-S.6511