Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Surgical Infection Society guideline: prophylactic antibiotic use in open fractures: an evidence-based guideline.Surg Infect. 2006; 7: 379-405
- Breaking with tradition: evidence-based antibiotic prophylaxis of open fractures.Surg Infect. 2006; 7: 327-329
J. Nanchahal, S. Nayagam, U. Khan, C. Moran, S. Barrett, F. Sanderson, et al., The British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS) and the British Orthopaedic Association. (2009).
- Antibiotic prescription patterns in the management of open fractures at Mulago Hospital in Kampala.East Cent Afr J Surg. 2012; 17: 47-50
- Quantitative microbiology of traumatic orthopedic wounds.J Clin Microbiol. 1978; 8: 673-675
- Short duration of antibiotic prophylaxis in open fractures does not enhance risk of subsequent infection.Bone Joint J. 2013; 95-B: 831-837
- Preventing surgical site infections.Exp Rev Anti-Infect Ther. 2010; 8: 657-670
- Cost and morbidity associated with antibiotic prophylaxis in the ICU.J Am Coll Surg. 1999; 188: 225-230
- Sample size estimation in clinical trial.Perspect Clin Res. 2010; 1: 67-69
- Type III open tibia fractures: immediate antibiotic prophylaxis minimizes infection.J Orthop Trauma. 2015; 29: 1-6
- The effect of the timing of antibiotics and surgical treatment on infection rates in open long-bone fractures: a 9-year prospective study from a district general hospital.Injury. 2007; 38: 900-905
- Removal of surface bacteria by irrigation.J Orthop Res. 1996; 14: 251-254
- Wound irrigation in musculoskeletal injury.J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2001; 9: 219-226
- Fluid lavage in patients with open fracture wounds (FLOW): an international survey of 984 surgeons.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2008; 9: 7
- Fluid lavage of open wounds (FLOW): a multicenter, blinded, factorial pilot trial comparing alternative irrigating solutions and pressures in patients with open fractures.J Trauma. 2011; 71: 596-606
- Aggressive treatment of 119 open fracture wounds.J Trauma. 1999; 46: 1049-1054
- A scoring method (ASEPSIS) for postoperative wound infections for use in clinical trials of antibiotic prophylaxis.Lancet. 1986; 1: 311-313
- Proposed definitions for the audit of postoperative infection: a discussion paper. Surgical Infection Study Group.Ann R Coll Surg Eng. 1991; 73: 385-388
- How will surgical site infection be measured to ensure high quality care for all.J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010; 92: 1294-1299
- Repeatability of asepsis wound scoring method.Lancet. 1986; 1: 1208-1209
A.A. Asif. The effect of delay in initial debridement on the rate of infection in open fractures of the tibial shaft at Kenyatta National Hospital- A prospective study; a dissertation submitted in part fulfillment for the degree of Masters in Medicine in Orthopaedic Surgery (M.Med Orthopaedic surgery) of the University of Nairobi. (2011).
J.K. Mogire. The management of fresh traumatic open tibial fractures at Kenyatta National Hospital; a dissertation submitted in part fulfillment for the degree of Masters in Medicine in General Surgery (M.Med General Surgery) at the University of Nairobi. (1995).
- Antibiotics for preventing infection in open limb fractures.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004; (CD003764)
- Prevention of infection in the treatment of one thousand and twenty-five open fractures of long bones: retrospective and prospective analyses.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976; 58: 453-458
- Treatment of type II, IIIA, and IIIB open fractures of the tibial shaft: a prospective comparison of unreamed interlocking intramedullary nails and half-pin external fixators.J Orthopaedic Trauma. 1998; 12: 1-7