Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
- Derivation and validation of a quality indicator for 30-day unplanned hospital readmission to evaluate trauma care.J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2014; 76: 1310-1316
- A review of injury epidemiology in the UK and Europe: some methodological considerations in constructing rates.BMC Public Health. 2009; 9: 226
CIHI. Injury Hospitalizations and Socio-Economic Status. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/Injury_aib_vE4CCF_v3_en.pdf. Accessed February 10, 2014.
- Significant variations in mortality occur at similarly designated trauma centers.Arch Surg. 2009; 144: 64-68
- Readmission after colectomy for cancer predicts one-year mortality.Ann Surg. 2010; 251: 659-669
CIHI. All-Cause Readmission to Acute Care and Return to the Emergency Department. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/Readmission_to_acutecare_en.pdf. Accessed February 10, 2014.
- Rates, patterns, and determinants of unplanned readmission after traumatic injury: a multicenter cohort study.Ann Surg. 2014; 259: 374-380
- Impact of social factors on risk of readmission or mortality in pneumonia and heart failure: systematic review.J Gen Intern Med. 2013; 28: 269-282
- Socioeconomic deprivation, readmissions, mortality and acute exacerbations of bronchiectasis.Intern Med J. 2012; 42: e129-e136
- Socioeconomic disparities in outcomes after acute myocardial infarction.Am Heart J. 2007; 153: 313-319
- Influence of socioeconomic status on trauma center performance evaluations in a Canadian trauma system.J Am Coll Surg. 2011; 213: 402-409
- Factoring socioeconomic status into cardiac performance profiling for hospitals: does it matter?.Med Care. 2002; 40: 60-67
Cadre normatif - Registre des traumatismes du Québec (RTQ). Available at: http://publications.msss.gouv.qc.ca/acrobat/f/documentation/2007/07-912-01_c1.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2013.
- An evaluation of provider-related and disease-related morbidity in a level I university trauma service: directions for quality improvement.J Trauma. 1992; 33: 586-601
- Indice de défavorisation matérielle et sociale: son application au secteur de la santé et du bien-être.Santê Soc Solidar. 2003; : 191-208
- An area-based material and social deprivation index for public health in Quebec and Canada.Can J Public Health. 2012; 103: S17-S22
- Impact of socioeconomic deprivation and area of residence on access to coronary revascularization and mortality after a first acute myocardial infarction in Quebec.Can J Cardiol. 2012; 28: 169-177
- A deprivation index for health planning in Canada.Chronic Dis Can. 2009; 29: 178-191
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- Social deprivation and psychiatric admission rates in Amsterdam.Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 1997; 32: 485-492
- Medication adherence and heart failure.Curr Cardiol Rep. 2014; 16: 458
- Using routine data to monitor inequalities in an acute trust: a retrospective study.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 104
- Significance of social demographic data for rehospitalization of schizophrenic patients.J Health Soc Behav. 1974; 15: 117-126
- Heart failure and socioeconomic status: accumulating evidence of inequality.Eur J Heart Fail. 2012; 14: 138-146
- The use of end-quintile comparisons to identify under-servicing of the poor and over-servicing of the rich: a longitudinal study describing the effect of socioeconomic status on healthcare.BMC Health Serv Res. 2005; 5: 61
- Hospital readmissions--not just a measure of quality.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1796-1797
- Social factors and hospitalization.Can Resp J. 2008; 15: 343-344
- Factors leading to 30 day readmission following hospitalization for heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010; 55 (A144.E1349)
- Racial/ethnic disparities in potentially preventable readmissions: The case of diabetes.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1561-1567
- Factors affecting the likelihood of presentation to the emergency department of trauma patients after discharge.Ann Emerg Med. 2011; 58: 431-437
- Impact of race and socioeconomic status on presentation and management of ventral hernias.Arch Surg. 2010; 145: 776-780
- Socioeconomic status, Medicaid coverage, clinical comorbidity, and rehospitalization or death after an incident heart failure hospitalization: atherosclerosis Risk in Communities cohort (1987 to 2004).Circ Heart Fail. 2011; 4: 308-316
- Place of residence and outcomes of patients with heart failure: an analysis from the TELE-HF trial participants.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 61: E783
- Income distribution and readmission rates for acute coronary syndrome after PCI with drug eluting stents.Circulation. 2012; : 126
- Ecological measures of socioeconomic status and hospital readmissions for asthma among Canadian adults.Respir Med. 2004; 98: 446-453
- Socioeconomic status and hospital utilization among younger adult pneumonia admissions at a Canadian hospital.BMC Health Serv Res. 2006; 6: 152
- Influence of neighborhood household income on early death or urgent hospital readmission.J Hosp Med. 2013; 8: 261-266
- Determinants of access to an integrated trauma system: a population-based cohort study.Injury. 2014; (submitted for publication)
- Race, site of care, and hospital readmission rates.JAMA. 2011; 305: 1965-1966
- The mismeasurement of quality by readmission rate: how blunt is too blunt an instrument?.: a quantitative bias analysis.Med Care. 2013; 51: 418-424
Keltie G. Aging, deprivation, and health: A “triple jeopardy” faced by the older population. Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/1974/8341 [accessed 25.03.14].