- National data of 6409 Swedish inpatients with femoral shaft fractures: stable incidence between 1998 and 2004.Injury. 2009; 40: 304-308
- Epidemiology of diaphyseal femoral fracture.Acta Orthop Scand. 1986; October (57): 423-427
Kneebone R, Aggarwal R. Surgical training using simulation. BMJ 2009;338(May):b1001.
Department of Health. Guidance on the implementation of the European Working Time Directive. April 29, 2004. Available at: http://www.dohc.ie/issues/european_working_time_directive/ [cited 10.01.15].
- Long-term follow-up on the educational impact of ACGME duty hour limits: a pre-post survey study.Ann Surg. 2012; 256: 1108-1112
- Teaching surgical skills—changes in the wind.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2664-2669
- Effect of short-term pretrial practice on surgical proficiency in simulated environments: a randomized trial of the preoperative warm-up effect.J Am Coll Surg. 2009; 208: 255-268
- How prepared are your interns to take calls? Results of a multi-institutional study of simulated pages to prepare medical students for surgery internship.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 307-315
- Can a surgeon predict the risk of postoperative hypoparathyroidism during thyroid surgery? A prospective study on self-assessment by experts.Am J Surg. 2014; 208: 13-20
- Cognitive task analysis.Int J Educ Res. 1996; 25: 403-417
- Consensus guidelines for validation of virtual reality surgical simulators.Surg Endosc. 2005; 19: 1523-1532
- Utilization of a cognitive task analysis for laparoscopic appendectomy to identify differentiated intraoperative teaching objectives.Am J Surg. 2012; 203: 540-545
- Integrated studies on the use of cognitive task analysis to capture surgical expertise for central venous catheter placement and open cricothyrotomy.Am J Surg. 2012; 203: 76-80
- The effectiveness of a cognitive task analysis informed curriculum to increase self-efficacy and improve performance for an open cricothyrotomy.J Surg Educ. 2011; 68: 403-407
- A mental practice superiority effect: less retroactive interference and more transfer than physical practice.J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 2008; 34: 823-833
- Does mental practice enhance performance?.J Appl Psychol. 1994; 79: 481-492
- Mental practice enhances surgical technical skills: a randomized controlled study.Ann Surg. 2011; 253: 265-270
- Cognitive task analysis for teaching technical skills in an inanimate surgical skills laboratory.Am J Surg. 2004; 187: 114-119
Accredited Education Institutes, American College of Surgeons. Available from: http://www.facs.org/education/accreditation/aei [cited 10.01.15].
British Orthopaedic Association, Specialist Training in Trauma and Orthopaedics Curriculum August 2014. Available from: http://www.iscp.ac.uk/documents/syllabus_TO_2014.pdf [cited 11.02.15].
- Passive haptics in a knee arthroscopy simulator: is it valid for core skills training?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 442: 13-20
- The virtual reality arthroscopy training simulator.Stud Health Technol Inform. 1998; 50: 13-19
- Force sensing-based simulator for arthroscopic skills assessment in orthopaedic knee surgery.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2012; 173: 129-135
- Report of a group developing a virtual reality simulator for arthroscopic surgery of the knee joint.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 442: 21-29
- Virtual reality training improves operating room performance: results of a randomized, double-blinded study.Ann Surg. 2002; 236 ([discussion 463–4]): 458-463
- Virtual ureteroscopy predicts ureteroscopic proficiency of medical students on a cadaver.J Urol. 2004; 172: 667-671
- Randomized clinical trial of virtual reality simulation for laparoscopic skills training.Br J Surg. 2004; 91: 146-150
- Validation of computer-based training in ureterorenoscopy.BJU Int. 2005; 95: 1276-1279
Matsumoto ED, Pace KT, D’A Honey RJ. Virtual reality ureteroscopy simulator as a valid tool for assessing endourological skills. Int J Urol 2006;13(July (7)):896–901.
- Haptic feedback in robot-assisted minimally invasive surgery.Curr Opin Urol. 2009; 19: 102-107