Patients and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
- The epidemiology of fractures of the distal femur.Injury. 2000; 31: C62-C63
- Epidemiology of adult fractures: a review.Injury. 2006; 37: 691-697
- Distal femur fractures of the elderly—different treatment options in a biomechanical comparison.Injury. 2011; 42: 655-659
- Distal femoral fractures: current concepts.The Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2010; 18: 597-607
- Fragility fractures of the hip and femur: incidence and patient characteristics.Osteoporosis International: A Journal Established as Result of Cooperation between the European Foundation for Osteoporosis and the National Osteoporosis Foundation of the USA. 2010; 21: 399-408
- Displaced fractures of the distal femur in elderly patients. Operative versus non-operative treatment.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery British Volume. 1996; 78: 110-114
- The supracondylar intramedullary nail in elderly patients with distal femoral fractures.Injury. 1999; 30: 475-484
- Mortality after distal femur fractures in elderly patients.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2011; 469: 1188-1196
- Functional outcome and mortality in geriatric distal femoral fractures.Injury. 2012; 43: 1096-1101
- Mortality following hip fracture: trends and geographical variations over the last 40 years.Injury. 2008; 39: 1157-1163
National Hip Fracture Database; 2013. Available from: www.nhfd.co.uk.
National Hip Fracture Database; 2013.
- Fracture and dislocation classification compendium – 2007: orthopaedic Trauma Association classification, database and outcomes committee.Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2007; 21: S1-S133
National Hip Fracture Database – Audit Tool v7. Available from: www.nhfd.co.uk/20/hipfractureR…/NHFD%20Audit%20Tool%20v7.doc.
- A new mobility score for predicting mortality after hip fracture.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery British Volume. 1993; 75: 797-798
- Functional evaluation: The Barthel Index.Maryland State Medical Journal. 1965; 14: 61-65
- Evaluation of a mental test score for assessment of mental impairment in the elderly.Age and Ageing. 1972; 1: 233-238
- Epidemiology of distal femur fractures in France in 2011–12.Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Surgery & Research: OTSR. 2014; 100: 545-548
National Hip Fracture Database [Internet]. 2013. Available from: www.nhfd.co.uk.
Group NOG. Guideline for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis; 2014.
- Distal femur fractures. Surgical techniques and a review of the literature.Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Surgery & Research: OTSR. 2013; 99: 353-360
- Femur-LISS and distal femoral nail for fixation of distal femoral fractures: are there differences in outcome and complications?.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2004; 426: 252-257
- Retrograde nailing for distal third femoral shaft fractures: a prospective study.Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2006; 14: 253-258
- Operative treatment of acute distal femur fractures: systematic review of 2 comparative studies and 45 case series (1989 to 2005).Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2006; 20: 366-371
- Biomechanical comparison of bicortical versus unicortical screw placement of proximal tibia locking plates: a cadaveric model.Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma. 2008; 22: 399-403
- Fixation of distal femoral fractures with the Less Invasive Stabilization System: a minimally invasive treatment with locked fixed-angle screws.The Journal of Trauma. 2008; 65: 1425-1434
- Long-term functional outcomes after intra-articular distal femur fractures: ORIF versus retrograde intramedullary nailing.Orthopedics. 2008; 31: 748-750
- Stabilization of distal femur fractures with intramedullary nails and locking plates: differences in callus formation.The Iowa Orthopaedic Journal. 2010; 30: 61-68
- Minimally-invasive internal fixation of extra-articular distal femur fractures using a locking plate: tricks of the trade.Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Surgery & Research: OTSR. 2011; 97: 201-205
- Minimally-invasive fixation of distal extra-articular femur fractures with locking plates: limitations and failures.Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Surgery & Research: OTSR. 2011; 97: 668-674
- 2010 mid-America Orthopaedic Association Physician in Training Award: healing complications are common after locked plating for distal femur fractures.Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 2011; 469: 1757-1765
- Minimally invasive plate osteosynthesis using a locking compression plate for distal femoral fractures.Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery. 2011; 19: 185-190
- Distal femoral fractures treated by hinged total knee replacement in elderly patients.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery British Volume. 2006; 88: 1065-1070
- Total knee arthroplasty for salvage of failed internal fixation or nonunion of the distal femur.The Journal of Arthroplasty. 2005; 20: 344-349
- Treatment of resistant nonunion of supracondylar fractures femur by megaprosthesis.Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy: Official Journal of the ESSKA. 2011; 19: 1137-1140
- Failure of LCP condylar plate fixation in the distal part of the femur. A report of six cases.The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery American Volume. 2006; 88: 846-853