Background and context
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Australian Bureau of Statistics – 2006 Census of population and housing – product brief. http://www.abs.gov.au/, (accessed 23/04/2010).
- The cost and effectiveness of the London Helicopter Emergency Medical Service.J Health Serv Res Policy. 1996; 1: 232-237
- True costs of air medical vs. ground ambulance systems.Air Med J. 1993; 12: 262-268
- Helicopter emergency medical service in Spain.Air Med J. 2001; 20: 21-23
Caliper Coporation. http://www.caliper.com/Maptitude/MappingSoftware.htm, (accessed 23/04/2010).
CareFlight, http://careflight.org/medical/hirt/, (accessed 19/12/2009).
- The evolution of air transport systems: a pictorial review.J Emerg Med. 1988; 6: 499-504
College of Intensive Care Medicine & Australia and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists. http://www.cicm.org.au/cmsfiles/IC-10%20Minimum%20Standards%20for%20Transport%20of%20Critically%20Ill%20Patients.pdf, (accessed 12/13/2010).
- Mission, staffing, and budget data of flight programs in the United States.Air Medical Journal. 1996; 15: 111-118
- Cost-effective use of helicopters for the transportation of patients with burn injuries.J Burn Care Rehabil. 2000; 21: 535-540
Flugzeug.info – The aircarft encylopedia. http://www.flugzeuginfo.net/, (accessed 23/04/2010).
- The role of physician staffing of helicopter emergency medical services in prehospital trauma response.Emerg Med Australas. 2004; 16: 318-323
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of helicopter EMS for trauma patients.Ann Emerg Med. 1997; 30: 500-506
- New order of things: an international overview of air medical transport.Air Med J. 1998; 17: 142-145
- Helicopters as part of a regional EMS system—a cost-effectiveness analysis for three EMS regions in Germany.Eur J Emerg Med. 1994; 1: 159-166
- The UK helicopter ambulance tasking study.Injury. 2010; 41: 27-29
LiveSalary, http://www.livesalary.com.au/, (accessed19/05/2010).
- Helicopter emergency medical service in Italy: reality and perspectives.Air Med J. 2007; 26: 292-298
Newborn and paediatric Emergency Transport (NSW). http://www.nets.org.au/, (accessed 06/02/2010).
- A comparison of the costs and performance of an emergency helicopter and land ambulances in a rural area.Injury. 1994; 25: 145-153
NSW Department of Commerce, http://www.ccms.commerce.nsw.gov.au/0502488-DisclosureCon.pdf, (accessed 18/02/2010).
NSW Department of Health, http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/policies/pd/2006/PD2006_046.html, (accessed 02/02/2010).
NSW Department of Health, http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pubs/2009/pdf/trauma_report.pdf, (accessed 02/02/2010).
- The medical and retrieval costs of road crashes in rural and remote northern Queensland, 2004–2007: findings from the Rural and Remote Road Safety Study.Med J Aust. 2009; 190: 54-56
- Helicopters, hearts and hips: using willingness to pay to set priorities for public sector health care programmes.Soc Sci Med. 1998; 46: 1-12
- Willingness to pay for lives saved by Helicopter Emergency Medical Services.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2009; 13: 37-43
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) systems in developed and developing countries.Injury. 2007; 38: 1001-1013
- A systematic review of the cost and benefit of helicopter emergency medical services.Injury. 2010; 41: 10-20
- Helicopter emergency medical services transport outcomes literature: annotated review of articles published 2000–2003.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2004; 8: 322-333
- Trauma helicopter emergency medical services transport: annotated review of selected outcomes-related literature.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2002; 6: 359-371
- transport outcomes literature: annotated review of articles published 2004–2006.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2007; 11: 477-488
- International EMS systems: New South Wales, Australia.Resuscitation. 2003; 59: 165-170