This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A consistently reproducible non-union model has been created in the adult rabbit tibial diaphysis. After making an osteotomy, the marrow was removed, the periosteum was excised and a silastic sheath was wrapped around the shaft. The fracture cleft was invaded by a non osteogenic fibrous tissue following the removal of the sheath after an interval of 4 weeks.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Delayed union of adult tibial shaft fractures. A clinical and experimental study.in: 2nd Ed. MD Thesis. University of Leicester, 1987
- The effect of a local calcium depot on osteogenesis and healing of fractures.J Bone Joint Surg. 1934; 16: 176
- A critical evaluation of processed calf bone.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1967; 49A: 1119
- Experimental nonunion in dogs.Clin Orthop. 1983; 187: 260
- Defect pseudarthroses. An experimental study on rabbits.Acta Orthop Scand. 1970; 40: 689
- Petals versus bony transplants in experimental pseudarthrosis.Rev Can Biol. 1958; 17: 75
- An experimental study of nonunion produced with polyurethrane sponges.Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1963; 116: 323
- An experimental study on the significance of muscle tissue interposition on fracture healing.Clin Orthop. 1975; 111: 269
- Experimental delayed union of the dog tibia and its use in assessing the effect of an electrical bone growth stimulator.Clin Orthop. 1977; 128: 340
- A study of diaphyseal fracture repair using tissue isolation techniques.Injury. 1992; 23: 467
- Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh1981 Bone Repair and Fracture Healing in Man.
- The choice of experimental model. A guide for research workers.J Bone Joint Surg [Br]. 1989; 71B: 549
Accepted: July 4, 1995
© 1995 Published by Elsevier Inc.