This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Between 1981 and 1989, 18 patients affected by both-column acetabular fractures were operated on by staged combined ilioinguinal and Kocher-Langenbeck approaches. Postoperative reduction quality and long-term radiographic results were evaluated according to the Matta radiological systems. The Harris hip scoring system was used for the functional results. Average follow-up was 53.2 months, ranging from 24 to 132 months. Reduction was anatomical in five cases (27.8 per cent), satisfactory in 11 (67.1 per cent). and non-anatomical in two cases (11.1 per cent). Radiographic long-term results were excellent in nine cases (50 per cent), good in five (27.8 per cent), fair in two (11.1 per cent) and poor in two (11.1 per cent). The Harris score was more than 90 in eight patients (44.4 per cent), between 80 and 90 in seven (38.8 per cent), between 80 and 70 in one (5.5 per cent), and less than 70 in two (11.1 per cent).
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
Routt MLC and Swiontkowski MF. Operative treatment of complex acetabular fractures. J Bone Joint Surg [Am]72A: 897.
- Fractures of the acetabulum: classification and surgical approaches for open reduction.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1964; 46A: 1615
- Acetabulum fractures: classification and management.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1980; 151: 81
- Displaced acetabular fractures.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1988; 230: 83
- Extensile exposure of the pelvis.Contemp Orthop. 1983; 6: 21
- Complex acetabular fractures: a transtrochanteric lateral surgical approach.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1980; 151: 107
- A modified extensile exposure for the treatment of complex or malunited acetabular fractures.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1988; 70A: 329
- Fractures of the acetabulum.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1986; 205: 230
- Fractures of the acetabulum. Early results of a prospective study.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1986; 205: 241
- Possibilité d'un abord chirurgical à 2 équipes dans les fractures complexes du cotyle.Ann Chir. 1975; 101: 290
- Ectopic ossification following total hip replacement.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1973; 55A: 1629
- Traumatic arthritis of the hip after dislocation and acetabular fractures: treatment by mold arthroplasty. An end-result study using a new method of result evaluation.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1969; 51A: 737
- Stabilization of acetabular fractures in elderly patients.J Bone Joint Surg [Am]. 1992; 74A: 753
- Experience with acetabular fractures.J Trauma. 1984; 24: 750
- Results of treatment of acetabular fractures.Clin Orthop Rel Res. 1980; 151: 115
- Fractures of the acetabulum.Orthop Clin North Am. 1980; 11: 481
Accepted: January 4, 1995
© 1995 Published by Elsevier Inc.