This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Gastrointestinal mucormycosis, an opportunistic fungal infection, is a rare complication of trauma. We report on four patients who developed this frequently fatal condition after delayed treatment of intra-abdominal sepsis and discuss the aetiology, diagnosis and management of the disease.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Mucormycosis; A complication of critical care.Arch. Intern. Med. 1978; 138: 925
- Intestinal phycomycosis (mucormycosis).Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 1966; 45: 264
- Gastric phycomycosis: report of a case and review of the literature.Gastroenterology. 1969; 57: 579
- Injury from silage wagon accident complicated by mucormycosis.J. Trauma. 1988; 28: 866
- Gastric mucormycosis; report of a case with review of the literature.S. Afr. Med. J. 1963; 37: 1265
- Gastric phycomycosis.Br. J. Surg. 1974; 61: 743
- Murcormycosis.Ann. Intern. Med. 1980; 93: 93
- Über schimmelmycosen des magens.Virchows. Arch. Path. Anat. 1920; 227: 86
- Mucormycosis—changing status.Crit. Rev. Clin. Lab. Sci. 1973; 4: 421
- Improved diagnosis and prognosis of mucormycosis: A clinicopathologic study of 33 cases.Medicine. 1986; 65: 113
- Zygomycetes brain abscesses in narcotic addicts with serological diagnosis.JAMA. 1982; 248: 2881
- Gastric mucormycosis: Report of a case in Swazi.S. Afr. Med. J. 1960; 34: 161
- Gastric mucormycosis.Br. J. Surg. 1991; 78: 952
Accepted: January 27, 1992
© 1992 Published by Elsevier Inc.