This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Between 1980 and 1989, 33 patients were treated operatively according to Iselin for a proximal metacarpal thumb fracture. At follow-up all but one patient had a good functional result with no restrictions in work, sports, or delicate hand movements.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Fractures of the metacarpal bones. Reports of the Dublin Pathological Society.Dublin J. Med. Sci. 1882; 73: 72
- The Closed Treatment of Common Fractures. Churchill Livingstone, New York1961 3rd Ed.
- Ligament reconstruction for the painful thumb carpometacarpal joint.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1973; 55A: 1655
- Open reduction and osteosynthesis of the so-called Bennett's fracture in the carpometacarpal joint of the thumb.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1953; 22: 249
- Fractures of the thumb metacarpal.South Med. J. 1972; 65: 807
- Fractures de la base du Ier métacarpien.Mem. Acad. Chirurg. 1956; 82: 771
- The conservative treatment of Bennett's fracture-subluxation of the thumb metacarpal.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1968; 50B: 91
- Fracture de la base du premier metacarpien et principalementi sur une variete non encore decrite.Presse Med. 1910; 33: 303
- Bennett's fracture. A method of treatment with oblique traction.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1963; 45B: 732
- Fractures of the base of the first metacarpal bone: results of surgical treatment.Injury. 1989; 20: 359
- Method of treatment of Bennett's fracture-dislocation.Am. J. Surg. 1950; 80: 230
- A method of treatment of fracture-dislocations of the first metacarpal bone.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1954; 36: 810
Accepted: December 16, 1991
© 1992 Published by Elsevier Inc.