This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Primary prosthetic replacement has become the method of treatment for acute subcapital fractures of the femur and is now widely accepted as a treatment for elderly patients. This paper presents the incidence of acetabular erosion by Monk (hard top) hip prostheses for subcapital fractures as compared with that by Austin Moore prostheses.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Results after arthroplasty of the hip with Moore's prosthesis.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1972; 43: 397
- A radiological study of the movements of the two components of the Monk prosthesis (hard top ‘duo-pleet’) in patients.Injury. 1980; 12: 243
- A new hip prosthesis with trunnionbearing.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1969; 135: 43
- Treatment of fractures of the femoral neck by replacement with the Thompson prosthesis.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1976; 58B: 279
- The universal proximal femoral endo-prosthesis: a short-term comparison with conventional hemi-arthroplasty.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1979; 61A: 1167
- A long term follow-up of Moore arthroplasty in femoral neck fractures.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1975; 46: 764
- Acetabular erosion and the Monk ‘hard top’ prosthesis.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1984; 66B: 172
- Treatment of sub capital fractures of the neck of femur by replacement of the femoral head.Int. Congr. Ser. 1976; 377: 65
- The self-locking metal hip prosthesis.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1957; 39A: 811
- Metal hip joint.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1943; 25: 688
- Editorial. Prosthetic replacement of the femoral head for femoral neck fractures: which design?.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1983; 65B: 530
- The Monk hard top endoprosthesis for intracapsular fractures of the femoral neck.Injury. 1981; 13: 233
- Acetabular protrusion following endoprosthetic hip surgery. A multifactorial study.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1980; 51: 943
- Two and a half years' experience with a Vitallium intramedullary hip prosthesis.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1959; 36A: 489
- The Monk ‘soft top’ endoprosthesis; clinical, biomechanical and histopathological observations.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1980; 62B: 174
Accepted: June 10, 1985
© 1986 Published by Elsevier Inc.