This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Complete transection of the hepatic artery following blunt abdominal trauma is rare. A case successfully treated by ligation of the vessel is described. Attempts to reconstruct the artery may be difficult and are probably unnecessary. We suggest that simple ligation is the correct management of this injury.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Accidental hepatic artery ligation in humans.Am. J. Surg. 1964; 107: 822
- Hepatic artery dissection as a result of abdominal trauma.Surg. Gynaecol. Obstet. 1972; 135: 721
- Selective hepatic artery ligation limitations and failures.J. Trauma. 1979; 19: 319
- La rupture de l'artère hépatique au cours des contusions de l'abdomen.Ann. Chir. 1976; 30: 91
- Accidental ligation of the hepatic artery.Br. J. Surg. 1933; 20: 566
- Blunt rupture of the hepatic artery: a report of two unusual cases.J. Trauma. 1971; 11: 625
- A propos d'un traumatisme fermé du cholédoque, avec rupture de l'artère hépatique.Acta Chir. Belg. 1970; 7: 621
- Newer anatomy of liver-varient blood supply and collateral circulation.JAMA. 1960; 172: 125
- Complete transection of the common bile duct due to blunt abdominal trauma.Arch. Surg. 1970; 100: 724
- Complex penetrating hepatic wounds.Ann. Surg. 1971; : 421
- Lobar dearterialization for exsanguinating wounds of the liver.J. Trauma. 1972; 12: 397
- Determination of the hepatic arterial blood flow and the oxygen supply in man by clamping the hepatic artery during surgery.J. Clin. Invest. 1962; 41: 447
- Rupture de l'artère hépatique au cours d'une contusion de l'abdomen.Chirurgie. 1974; 100: 311
© 1982 Published by Elsevier Inc.