This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
Twelve patients were operated on between 1974 and 1979 for painful pseudarthrosis of the clavicle. The time from the injury to the operation ranged from 4 months to 12 years. We used an AO plate fixation and cancellous bone graft.
The patients were able to return to work within 2 months on average. The AO plate was removed 8 to 12 months after the operation. At the 1 year follow-up all the pseudarthroses had consolidated and the patients were satisfied with the result of the treatment.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Treatment of post-traumatic clavicular pseudarthrosis.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1977; 48: 456
- Pseudarthrosis of the clavicle.Acta Orthop. Scand. 1977; 48: 550
- Non union of the clavicle.JAMA. 1960; 172: 1006
- An atlas of anatomy and treatment of mid clavicular fractures.Clin. Orthop. 1968; 58: 29
- Pseudarthrosis of the clavicle.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1961; 43A: 130
- Sekundäre Plattenosteosynthesen an der Clavicula.Arch. Orthop. Unfallchir. 1974; 79: 75
- Martin Kirschner/Springer Verlag, Berlin1956: 375 (Chap. 1) Allgemeine und spezielle Operationslehre.
- Indikation und Technik der Osteosynthese bei der Clavicula-Pseudarthrose.Arch. Orthop. Unfallchir. 1973; 77: 86
- Fractures and Joint Injuries. Vol. 2. Livingstone, Edinburgh1975: 460 4th ed.
- Open reduction and internal fixation of clavicular fractures.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1981; 63A: 147
© 1982 Published by Elsevier Inc.