This paper is only available as a PDF. To read, Please Download here.
A total of 51 patients with displaced femoral neck fractures of Garden grade III or IV was treated by intertrochanteric displacement osteotomy. Of these, 42 patients had complete follow-up and 31 fractures (73.8 per cent) united. The results were satisfactory in 66.6 per cent and poor in 33.4 per cent. The poor results were mainly due to non-union, chronic osteomyelitis and stiffness of the hip or knee. A high intertrochanteric osteotomy with adequate displacement is recommended in fresh, displaced femoral neck fractures.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Injury
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- J. Bone Joint Surg.48B. 1966: 197 Symposium on McMurray's osteotomy.
- Subcapital fracture of the femur.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1976; 58B: 2
- Blade plate internal fixation for high femoral osteotomy.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1943; 25: 319
- Wedge osteotomy for fresh intracapsular fracture of the neck of femur.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1950; 32A: 653
- Indian J. Orthop.2. 1968: 110 Proceedings of the Indian Orthopaedic Association Summer Meeting.
- The high geometric osteotomy with rotation and bone grafting for ununited fractures of the neck of the femur.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1947; 29: 1005
- Bombay, December 19641964 Paper read at a symposium on fractures of the neck of the femur at the orthopaedic section meeting of the 25th Annual Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India,
- Indian J. Orthop.2. 1968: 110 Proceedings of Indian Orthopaedic Association Summer Meeting.
- A critical consideration of primary subtrochanteric osteotomy and internal fixation for recent intracapsular fracture of the femoral neck.Aust. NZ J. Surg. 1950; 19: 177
- Primary osteotomy for intracapsular fracture of the femoral neck.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1963; 45B: 802
- Ununited fractures of the neck of the femur.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1936; 18: 319
- Fracture of the neck of the femur treated by oblique osteotomy.Br. Med. J. 1938; 1: 330
- The treatment of subcapital fracture of the neck of the femur with nail plate and wedge osteotomy.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1953; 35B: 188
- Subtrochanteric osteotomy in the primary treatment of fracture of the femoral neck.J. Bone Joint Surg. 1963; 45B: 615
Platt H. (1947) Quoted by King (1950).
- Intracapsular fracture of the neck of the femur.Indian J. Surg. 1956; 17: 487
© 1979 Published by Elsevier Inc.